Forums

Help › Forums

~~~ R.I.P "DFLOP" - 12/1971 - 03/2015 ~~~

Sat, Apr 4 2020 12:14 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 10:19 PM

Its with sadness & a heavy heart  I have to inform that Our Mate and long standing Aussie Aussie Aussie! Club Member "DFLOP" -  Darren Bruce, passed away in March this year at just 43 years old.

After a long battle with his heart, many operations and bypasses his ticker finally gave way at his home Queensland Australia..

Dflop joined WGT in mid 2010 and a founding member of Aussie Aussie Aussie! who progressed up through the ranks, a mentor to many always with cheer in his manner and a friendly and joking guy.

An avid fisherman, he lived at Hervey Bay QLD and always had great stories to tell of his fishing exploits there!

" i just love bouncing plastics and blades around the rocky bombies on the run out tide . I get myself everything from Coral trout , sweet lip , blue tusk fish , cod , snapper , Grunter , jewies  the ocasional barra  and kingies ." 

Deefs fav fish, Coral Trout                                Blue Parrot fish (Tusk Fish)

He became one of the clubs first Captains - he helped design the current Aussie Club patch we use today and named "the beer swilling kangaroo".

Aussie Aussie Aussies! first Tour Legend in October 2012 only a few weeks after WGT created the new Tour Legend tier!

Dflop never used measurements or calculated wind speeds or anything; he used to say; "all that maths and stuff confuses me, i just walk up and hit it!"

Dflop created such club tournaments as "Ball Breaker" " Sausage Dog Cup" & of course his very own "DFLOPS SWEEPSTAKES" in which his generosity paid out more than 5,000 credits each month - The DFLOPS SWEEPSTAKES still hold the record for having the most club members in a tourney with 86 members participating, with an overall club participation of 75% at the time!

With his gentle, easy-going nature, Dflop was a card, a larrikin, a "true blue" "Dinky Di" Aussie & a great friend of many in WGT … including myself.
    But he wasn’t merely our friend: he was also part of our clubs 'family' and we shall forever sadly miss him.
    We have some great memories of the guy and I for one am better off for knowing him.
    I loved the way he was so enthusiastic to "Kick some ar$e" when we had a CC v CC game on! 
    Saying " Lets eat this mob for breakfast!"

In honour of his memory Dflop will always hold his patch here as a Founding Member & Captain of Aussie Aussie Aussie!

R.I.P   Darren, sure was good to know you! 

23/12/1971 - 9/03/2015

Please leave a message on Dflops wall to honour his memory.

Shrude...  .. .  :(

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:01 AM

When I joined in Jan, 2012 he was one of the first on my friends list...still there and will always be there.  We exchanged messages quite often and he told me about his condition and what he was going through, but he kept a positive outlook and always that great sense of humor.

I'm very saddened to hear about this and can only say it was an honor and a privilege to have encountered and befriended such a radiant soul.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:26 AM

Certainly came across DFlop in A/S ages ago.  Never know your luck, and he took his turn to cross early for sure.  I think you often get a feel for jerks and who is probably just a great bloke, and DFlop easily was the latter,

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:34 AM

SHRUDE:

Its with sadness & a heavy heart  I have to inform that Our Mate and long standing Aussie Aussie Aussie! Club Member "DFLOP" -  Darren Bruce, passed away in March this year at just 43 years old.

Shrude...  .. .  :(

: (

Eric

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:49 AM

Very sad news for your club, his family and all his buddies away from WGT, in which i bet there were many.

Good you keep his memory living on

Bubbs

Spatans

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:51 AM

Wow man, played a couple of times and chatted about losing people we cared about to Cancer...hence our same blog posts.

Never knew he was ill but that shows the character of the man...never one to complain about the important stuff  !!

Cruel to take someone so young.

Andy

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:12 AM

Our condolensces

-WGT

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 11:52 PM

Thanks Icon , thanks everyone else...  I know Deefs family will be shown this thread so your condolences and thoughts are very much appreciated.

• timborb
    1,241 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 12:05 AM

R.I.P Deef,

Your presence around the club will be sorely missed.....

Very very sad indeed, you will live on in AAA always.

May you catch all the fish and sink all the putts upstairs.

Tim.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 12:28 AM

X-to whatever.

D has been on my friends list for several years, never knew of his issues, but dang, so sad to see a young man go so early.

Shrude, if you have family contact, pass along all our condolences.

• PAGES
RSS