Help › Forums

Leaderboard, how many players ?

Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:19 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • quentinduchesne
    26 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 5:37 PM

Hi

I just want to know where we can see how many players have played a tournament because i only can see the first 5 pages of leaderboard.
    For example, in transamerica tournament, i see i'm 102th but i only can see 5 pages and i have no idea if i'm in the first middle or close to the last.

Is anybody knows how i can find answer, or/ WGT can share full leaderboard ?

Thanks for your answer, see you close to the hole...

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:09 PM

Can't see past those 5 pages I'm afraid...

..shoot ya best and see how the 'dust' settles..?

Knowing what you NEED to be 'up there', can be more of a hindrance than a help !

Andy

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 9:13 PM

The only way I know is to stay on a really high score and see where you are.

For example, I was 10,752th in the VUSO qualifier by 6-21 with a 75 score. Knowing that there must be many scores at least up to 100 following, my guess is a 30,000 to 50,000 participation.

• quentinduchesne
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 9:34 PM

It could be cool to have a way to know how many players play a tournament (in tiers and in total)
    For example, i'm 203th in the Transamerica tournament (in tours pro tiers) but i don't know if i'm in the middle, at the end or if it's a reasonable result.
    Same question on the US open qualifier, my result is 19576th ....
    But if 60.000 people have played the qualif, it's not the same as if we are 20.000 to have done... 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 10:10 PM

quentinduchesne:

It could be cool to have a way to know how many players play a tournament (in tiers and in total)
    For example, i'm 203th in the Transamerica tournament (in tours pro tiers) but i don't know if i'm in the middle, at the end or if it's a reasonable result.
    Same question on the US open qualifier, my result is 19576th ....
    But if 60.000 people have played the qualif, it's not the same as if we are 20.000 to have done... 

Yeah it would be good to see every entrant, in every tier and their placings etc etc etc..

Would take up too much.. ?????  whatever these new fangled machines use..;-))

You know what I mean..WGT could probably bring up and access more than we realize..but to make it available ad infinitum..to all and sundry.......

Would clog up the system ? <--- I know that is v technical that many will not understand.

Sorry if you were discombobulated there.....  ;-)))) 

Andy

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 10:36 PM

Surely if someone maxed out on every hole they would come last and their position would appear at the top of the leaderboard page to the right of the winner's. Then you'd know the number of entrants. Just a thought.

• quentinduchesne
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 10:46 PM

alcaucin:

Yeah it would be good to see every entrant, in every tier and their placings etc etc etc..

Would take up too much.. ?????  whatever these new fangled machines use..;-))

You know what I mean..WGT could probably bring up and access more than we realize..but to make it available ad infinitum..to all and sundry.......

Would clog up the system ? <--- I know that is v technical that many will not understand.

Sorry if you were discombobulated there.....  ;-)))) 

Andy

Maybe you're right...
    I think it's because i'm statistic and numbers addict.

without putting a lot if information, only add somtehing like "198th / 500" should be easy and not too much... 

• quentinduchesne
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 10:48 PM

courteneyfish:

Surely if someone maxed out on every hole they would come last and their position would appear at the top of the leaderboard page to the right of the winner's. Then you'd know the number of entrants. Just a thought.

Sure it should function but not very good idea to keep a good average

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 11:32 PM

quentinduchesne:
    Sure it should function but not very good idea to keep a good average

It don't really matter to the average, only transient influence, if any. Think saturation.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 8:50 AM

It should be an easy fix for WGT, they know your position and show it and they obviously know the total number in the tournament.  It would seem that it would be very simple to show your position as 101 of 1,258 for example.

Not sure it's on my top 5 list of improvements but it should take about 15 minutes to set up, maybe less.

• PAGES
RSS