Forums

Help › Forums

International

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 25 2015 11:06 AM (24 replies)
  • lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 2:23 AM

THIS INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT POST HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE TOURNAMENT SECTION OF WGT FORUM. "CLICK" THIS LINK TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/321416.aspx

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:43 PM

Balloon is full of lead;)

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 6:20 AM

We are trying to bring something fresh to WGT....we have been working on this format for 1 1/2 years. If you think it is full of lead I respect your opinion. But maybe if you knew more about the format you could offer a better curette....rather than just saying it's full of lead. We have a team of 16 owners working on this and have put a lot of work into it's introduction. A format where all tier players can compete in the same tournament....at the same time....with handicaps to level their playing field...for credits or for free.

Like I said , being a veteran of the game, I respect your professional opinion....so if you have Skype I would like to show you more of the format so that you can give a more informed opinion. My Skype name is Lexmarkz3. 

Bill

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 12:41 PM

Bill, actually I was trying to get your links to work, I kept clicking where it is underlined "Click Here", and nothing was happening, I know see you click on the address you have under it...the print was so small, I didn't catch it.

My reference was in regards to the non-functioning links, which I see now is my mistake.

Regards,

Mike

• ArthurTreadwater
    14 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2015 3:16 PM

make it easier to read and you might get more response

sans serif fonts are better for small text

INTERNATIONAL CREDITS TOURNAMENT
    TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
    (This tournament is open to all countries!)
    DATE: Saturday June 27th 2015 @ 3:00PM EST
    (Country tee time "link" below)
    COURSE: ST ANDREWS Stroke Play
    CONDITIONS: 9 Holes 60 seconds Ranked
    HANDICAPS ALLOWED:
    ENTRY FEE: FREE
    (All credits make up the Credits Purse if this is a credits tournament)
    HANDICAP SYSTEM (75.00 AVERAGE CUTLINE)
    HANDICAP SCALE
    54.00—60.00 = -1 60.01—63.00 = 0 63.01—66.00 = 1
    66.01—69.00 = 2 69.01—72.00 = 3 72.01—75.00 = 4
    ** Handicaps are given in the scale according to your average
    ** "ALL-TIER" handicaps will be added to your tier handicaps depending on the highest tier players in the tournament
    **AFTER THE TOURNAMENT: The 3 winners will be paid through Blitz challenge unless this is a FREE tournament.
    TWO STEP TOURNAMENT RULES FOR ENTERING INTERACTIVE "LIVE PLAY":
    #1. THE REGISTRATION LINK will appear below 1 HOUR before your tee time.…You will have 30 minutes to register! (Enter the purse set-up but "DO NOT PLAY IN IT" you are only registering to play in the LIVE PLAY tournament at your tee time. So if you click "Play now" by accident….simply withdraw, you will still be able to play at your tee time…DO NOT POST A SCORE IN THE PURSE SET-UP!)
    #2. THE MATCH-UPS POST will appear below at your tee time. View them and wait to be invited to play.
    (Refresh your screen if you do not see it)
    **Skype is recommended!
    TO VIEW YOUR COUNTRIES PERSONAL TEE TIME "CLICK HERE":
    TO REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT "CLICK HERE":
  • lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2015 5:29 PM

ArthurTreadwater:

make it easier to read and you might get more response

sans serif fonts are better for small text

INTERNATIONAL CREDITS TOURNAMENT
    TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
    (This tournament is open to all countries!)
    DATE: Saturday June 27th 2015 @ 3:00PM EST
    (Country tee time "link" below)
    COURSE: ST ANDREWS Stroke Play
    CONDITIONS: 9 Holes 60 seconds Ranked
    HANDICAPS ALLOWED:
    ENTRY FEE: FREE
    (All credits make up the Credits Purse if this is a credits tournament)
    HANDICAP SYSTEM (75.00 AVERAGE CUTLINE)
    HANDICAP SCALE
    54.00—60.00 = -1 60.01—63.00 = 0 63.01—66.00 = 1
    66.01—69.00 = 2 69.01—72.00 = 3 72.01—75.00 = 4
    ** Handicaps are given in the scale according to your average
    ** "ALL-TIER" handicaps will be added to your tier handicaps depending on the highest tier players in the tournament
    **AFTER THE TOURNAMENT: The 3 winners will be paid through Blitz challenge unless this is a FREE tournament.
    TWO STEP TOURNAMENT RULES FOR ENTERING INTERACTIVE "LIVE PLAY":
    #1. THE REGISTRATION LINK will appear below 1 HOUR before your tee time.…You will have 30 minutes to register! (Enter the purse set-up but "DO NOT PLAY IN IT" you are only registering to play in the LIVE PLAY tournament at your tee time. So if you click "Play now" by accident….simply withdraw, you will still be able to play at your tee time…DO NOT POST A SCORE IN THE PURSE SET-UP!)
    #2. THE MATCH-UPS POST will appear below at your tee time. View them and wait to be invited to play.
    (Refresh your screen if you do not see it)
    **Skype is recommended!
    TO VIEW YOUR COUNTRIES PERSONAL TEE TIME "CLICK HERE":
    TO REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT "CLICK HERE":

Check the post again.....is it any better?

• ArthurTreadwater
    14 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2015 1:21 AM

that is better, thx.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2015 1:35 AM
    Very nice set up Bill, but I get the impression that some of what you have posted is being pushed off the right hand edge by the long link underneath 'Check your countries tee time', which is stretching out that column of the table

What you click on as a link doesn't have to be the actual URL (web page address). It can be any word/s or image. All you have to do is wrap the link address around that text or image.

Here's a video I made some while ago which might help to explain the process for creating such links in the forum.
  • lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2015 5:35 AM

ScottHope:

Very nice set up Bill, but I get the impression that some of what you have posted is being pushed off the right hand edge by the long link underneath 'Check your countries tee time', which is stretching out that column of the table

What you click on as a link doesn't have to be the actual URL (web page address). It can be any word/s or image. All you have to do is wrap the link address around that text or image.

Here's a video I made some while ago which might help to explain the process for creating such links in the forum.

Thanks Scott! that was very helpful....still trying to figure out how that this done lol. Do you have Skype....could use some help!

Bill

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2015 6:11 AM

I have no skype Bill, sorry. But I will help all I can on here.

If you click on your tee time link to take you to the event time webpage, you can then copy the web address from the address bar on that page.

With that information copied, you can now type out any word that you want to use as your link, in this case I will just put...

CLICK HERE

Once you have typed out the words you want as your link, select them.

When they are selected, click the 'Insert/Edit' link icon above the message box. 

With the 'Insert/Edit' dialogue box open, paste into the 'Link URL box', the web address that you copied from your event time webpage, the web address should still be on your computers clipboard, so it's just a right click and select paste from the right click menu, or use the keyboard shortcut, CTRL V.

You should then have a clickable link with the text you typed out, as I have above.

RSS