Help › Forums

WHERE IS THIS TABLE OR RULE

Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:12 PM (44 replies)
  • DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:32 AM

pdb1:

DaveDwingdale:
    Notice that it does not say the "Best of Par 5" scores are not included.

But they are as are par 3's  excluded when counting aves , but not in the statisics and rounds .

I don't know if "Par 5s" are included or not in average calculation, but if they were they would surely be the first ones to be replaced once saturation is reached.

Just throwing in some even less important stuff to think about.  Tell your CC members to just whack away and enjoy playing; filling in a bit of free time. LOL 

p.s. Comicon was awesome.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:36 AM

pdb1:

. I have Pros , Tour Pros , Masters ,we have all tiers in my CC . Some that have been here longer than myself ....

What I am asking for , is some sort of WGT Table or chart or rule or FAQ .

In writing to prove to some of these stubborn old farts , some of them foreign ugh  that I am not just flapping my jaws . 

I'm surprised anyone joined a club with a  xenophobic, ageist clown like you in charge.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 11:11 AM

You can take the fact that WGT counts a 9 hole round at double the score to the Bank and cash it.

I have played 431 "rounds" as a Legend.  430 of them were 9 hole rounds. 1 of them was an 18 hole round.

I enter every score into a database that calculates what my average should be based on doubling a 9 hole round.

My average based on this calculation has been in agreement with WGT's calculation of my average for all 431 times I have made the calculation.

My average IF only calculated on my one 18 hole round would be 61.00 but it is 61.75.

I have a chart that proves it in my case...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 11:18 AM

pdb1:
    I think I will wait until someone comes up with something better . Don't worry . I won't hold my breath .

Look no further pdb1!  Here's your statement with supporting evidence for those in your CC who may not believe everything they read on the internet.

Your Average Score is based on multiple scores for ranked rounds completed ONLY within your current Tier.  The full 18 hole ranked round score is used to get the number that contributes to your average.  9 hole ranked round scores are doubled to get the number that contributes to your average. Scores from the Par 3 stroke play courses and Par 5 courses are not counted towards your average.

Once you are promoted to a new tier your average is reset.  All ranked round scores within that tier are counted towards your Average Score until the number of ranked rounds reaches a Saturation Point Number.  (The number of rounds to reach the Saturation Point varies by Tier.)  Once you reach the Saturation Point only your best N scores will count towards your Average Score, where N is the Saturation Point Number of rounds.

If your Tier Saturation Point Number is 40 for example and you have 50 ranked rounds posted in that Tier, only the best 40 scores of the 50 count towards your Average Score.  If your highest score of the 40 best rounds is 73 and you post a new score of 74, the 74 does not count towards the Average Score.  Your Average Score does not change.  If on the other hand you post a new score of 72, the 72 is better than the worst 73 so the 73 is replaced by the 72 and you Average Score will go down.  Once you reach the Saturation Point Number of rounds in a Tier your Average Score will only go down.

I looked at the scores of some recent new players.  These 2 images show a full 18 ranked round score counts fully towards the Average Score:

These next two images show a 9 hole ranked round score is doubled:

Here's how a mix of 18 and 9 are calculated:

This image shows Par 5 courses do not count towards Average Score:

And last but not least, these images shows a Par 3 course being excluded from Average Score:

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 11:47 AM

Here you go!

emphasis added ......

From the FAQ on "changing Tiers" >>>>>>>

What are Tiers?

A tier is your golf classification at the World Golf Tour. Based on the scores you shoot in a 9-hole or 18-hole Ranked Stroke Play rounds or Stroke Play Tournament round, you will be placed into a tier. The better your scores, the higher your tier will be. The basic tier is Hack, followed by Amateur, Pro, Tour Pro, Master, Tour Master, Legend and Tour Legend.

My tier says I'm a "Hack". How do I change tiers?

Advancing to the next Tier requires a qualifying Average Score AND a minimum amount of completed stroke play games, which will take a little more time but will help players reach the Levels necessary to unlock upgraded equipment that is helpful to compete at higher Tiers.

What tiers are available and how often do they change?

The tiers that you can be members of currently are:

• Hack
    • Amateur
    • Pro
    • Tour Pro
    • Master
    • Tour Master
    • Legend
    • Tour Legend

Tiers will be updated as soon as you finish your round. If you played any ranked or tournament rounds and you now qualify for a new tier you will enter that tier immediately upon completion of the round. Please note that scores from the Best of Par 3 stroke play course will not be counted towards your Tier ranking.

We will add additional tiers as more people join and play at WGT.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 11:52 AM

This is about as offical as it's gonna get. (Bold ed by me)

WGTicon:

chichichico:

I;m at level 74 with a avg score of 74.5 and can't get out of pro-ranking ..Someone please explain..

hi

you have to post lower scores in rated games. we do not disclose the exact details of what it takes to move up to the higher tiers.

-wgticon

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 12:04 PM

pdb1:
      Now , if you take me seriously Paul . it is on you .

You cannot be serious...

RSS