Help › Forums

TAHOE HOLE #7

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 22 2009 3:57 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LCBlackSox
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 10:27 AM

Is it just me, or is this hole not acting right?  It indicates a 10-15% sand lie, but it certainly does not act like such a lie does anywhere else, on any other course.  The PW is too short to reach the hole in the air, even struck perfectly, so it ricochets off the hill to end up way long.  Furthermore, anything you hit 9 or up acts like you duffed it 30 yards, regardless of sweet spot, and stays in the trap.  Adjusting loft does nothing.  My conclusion is that it seems to be programmed wrong, or the lie is much worse than indicated.  Just wanted to hear others' thoughts on this...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 1:49 PM

I am <10' feet everytime.   Haven't aced it yet, but there is hope.

Full shot, backspin, 75 yard wedge.  (minor adjustment left or right depending on wind)

Unless wind dead-in or dead-out at 10+ mph, should garner decent results.

• Crowester
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 2:57 PM

Yeah, happens to me too. There is something wrong with this hole. Perfectly hit 90m wedge hits the front of the bunker. Perfectly hit 9 iron wont even clear the sand.

• LCBlackSox
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:23 PM

Judging by Snaike's response, it's pretty clear that WGT has set this hole up to only be manageable if one has purchased the upgraded wedges.  So gotta pay to play, I guess.  Not a big fan of that.

• LCBlackSox
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:25 PM

In addition, how crappy is it that a 90 yd. wedge won't get past the bunker mound...  but apparently a 75 yd. wedge can?  Make sense at all?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:27 PM

Your theory might hold some water if Tahoe were not a sweepstakes course, which it currently is.

Translation:  It doesn't matter where you finish in either one of the Tahoe challenges, because the winner is determined by a Random Drawing.

• Wando15
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:37 PM

I've been using the starter iron sand wedge (70 yards), full backspin and haven't had too many problems.  You have to hit it pretty close to flush, otherwise it won't make it past te sand.  Hope that helps...

• LouisFelter
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:36 AM

I agree with the last poster.  I used the starter Sand Wedge (70 yds.) and it goes further than the pitching wedge.  I guess the lie won't allow for the pitching wedge to be an effective club.  Only thing I can figure out.

• brewcrewchief
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 5:18 PM

Wando's tip worked for me. Within 10 ft the first time I tried it. Until reading, I thought I was just losing it. Just could not get it out of the bunker. Thanks all.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 6:05 PM

start it a few feet left of the hole with the 70yd club, full backspin if there is no wind or at your back.  less backspin if it's in  your face.  keeping it left of the hole will keep it out of the rough and it won't roll away from you to the back of the green as it does closer to the hole or to the right.

• PAGES
RSS