Forums

Help › Forums

Friends Missing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 5 2009 1:10 PM (9 replies)
  • IBGPN
    10 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2008 4:04 PM

When I play a round with someone and we finish it does not show them as online, even though we just played.  Any idea's on how to fix this?  Also on my profile it will show all 20 someting friends the it reloads the count to 10 everytime.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2008 10:45 AM

Hi IBGPN, do you mean you don't see the other player in chat anymore, or do you mean they don't have a green dot next to their name on your friends list?

Also, when you say your friend count goes down to 10 after refreshing, do you mean the list on your profile page, or the list in your friends module to the left of the screen?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2008 11:03 AM

I will follow up and add to this thread.

I have some 80+ friends on my list.  Only 10 show up in both the My Profile list on the left(the one with the green dots), and in the Game Window/Friends list.  The 10 people that show up in that list were not the first I added to my list, nor are they the most recent, nor are they the people I contact the most.  So the big issue here is not being able to see whether the other 70+ on my friends list are online without having to physically go to their profile page and see if they are available or not.  This defintely needs to be addressed.

The other issue, as stated above by IBGPN, is this:  When one clicks on the My Profile link on the home page,  the number of friends listed in the top section(where Career Earnings and Friends are reported) briefly shows as the correct number, then quickly amends itself to 10.  I will also add that sometimes, in my Awards, I have an award for my friends, other times that award disappears entirely.  It's a minor issue of course, but a bug nevertheless.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2008 11:25 AM

Thanks for this report.

• PeteBolte
    172 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2008 12:23 PM

I have the same problem. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2008 9:46 PM

tibbets, you clearly have too many friends. :D

Seems I actually have 11 friends as well.  I wonder who got bumped.  Having a 'friends only' search parameter would also be handy under the WGT Players section.

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2008 6:44 AM

I agree. I have over thirty friends and had a regular foursome going. But then all but one dissappeared out of my invite list. This quickly ended our happy foursome. Also, there are many times where none of the ten are active but other friends are and I do not know so I don't get to invite them.

Thanks, dacsyr1

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 22 2008 7:35 AM

Interesting update on this:

When I first responded last week, my list had showed 10 out of the 11 friends I had at the time.  In my case, those 10 friends were my first 10.  Anyone added after that wouldn't show up on the list.  I'm up to about 25 friends so far.  Since you guys have done this rollback today, I'm just ilke tibbets.  I now have a completely random set of 10 friends on my list.

Not an issue or anything, just thought it was worth mentioning.

• GripRip
    336 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 5:53 AM

I too have the same problem. Has anyone gotten and answer to this??????????????

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 1:10 PM

We have a fix for the friends list in our next release, which should be in the next week or so.

RSS