Forums

Help › Forums

Video Ad Blocker for Comodo Dragon

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 29 2015 9:04 AM (5 replies)
  • ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 8:17 AM

I need a video ad blocker for comodo dragon, any got one that works and could give directions on where to find it and use it.

The cartoonish COPD video ad creates havoc with my computer. Every time it runs my monitor flashes on and off several times for about 3-7 seconds, then my swing meter and display is too jerky to play this game.

That video shows up frequently on the scorecard between holes.  To resolve the jerky meter I reboot my computer. Makes playing multi-players games very difficult.

Sometimes I'm able to click on next hole before the video loads on the scorecard, but not always.

I've done google searches and have tried 2 but they do not install/work.

Any advice is appreciated.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 8:40 AM

I use CD and all I have ever used is AdBlock. I don't see any ads, anywhere.

Something that might make a difference is if you're using CD's secure servers. They are pretty tight and have been known to cause issues with sites and if you weren't paying attention when you installed CD, you might have it set to use them.

See here for how to not use them.

Also, AdBlock lets you train it. Right click on an ad and it walks you through how to make it go away. Not sure if this works for videos.

• nashkurt
    173 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 9:31 AM

try this ....index.html

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 4:10 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    Any advice is appreciated.

When I switched from Chrome to Comodo, Comodo asked if I wanted to transfer stuff from Chrome. I clicked yes, and among all the settings, etc. it also transferred AB+. I suspect that if you try to go to the Chrome store to get it, their system will refuse, since you aren't using the original Chrome. 

Only workaround I can come up with is to load Chrome, get AB+ then reinstall Comodo, and wait for the transfer option. 

Good luck.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 4:55 PM

If you are using Comodo, just go to AB+ site and it will load you with the correct version for Comodo...used it for at least 2 years and it does work.

https://adblockplus.org/

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 9:04 AM

Thank you everyone.

I got adblock and adblock plus on Chrome and adblock on Comodo Dragon.

Had to uninstall CD and reinstall the current version.

So far they are working great. Game play is good and so far the green's dots seem to be moving at a constant pace now. Hope that lasts.

RSS