Forums

Help › Forums

meter issue (again)

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 7 2015 12:53 PM (9 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 1:29 PM

Sorry to start thread again on this but i have an issue and wonder if its happened to others

30 or so minutes ago i played a strokeplay game at Chambers (first time and i loved it buy the way) against a member of our club, meter smooth as a babys behind. Finished and went straight into one of the club comps that  i had prev set (Merion Back 9) and well well well, jerking more than a teennager watching B--- station

Ive saved twice now after first drive (cache blah blah blah been done), so cant work it out. 

Anyone else having issues with just certain games?

Bubbs

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 8:43 PM

Do you have anything else running in the background on your PC? I just wonder if it might have kicked in when your meter went strange. 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 8:54 PM

courteneyfish:

Do you have anything else running in the background on your PC? I just wonder if it might have kicked in when your meter went strange. 

Sorry to say but I have less than 4 % and dots are running amok.

Every putt I need too look at too long.

Boring for me and those I play alts with.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2015 11:21 PM

If there were only the meter ...

I'll do not make a list of what WGT already knows and does nothing to fix.

The better is "You have forfeit the game" lol ... Team who lead by 4 and suddenly forfeit the game like it have a urge to pee.

In fact I dont remember when a multiplayer game took place without incidents as endless loading, disconnections, unexpected error,  forfeit and others sudden death.

Other hand, news courses and features are truly appreciated and would be more if not all bugs were spoiling the fun.

Since two years we claim for a French avatar, can we hope get it when the Hermione replica (La Fayette ship) dock in New York in next June ?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 2:46 AM

courteneyfish:

Cheers Courtenay but i dont. I recently have to save and restart just i was happy with smooth meter, did not turn off, just lept to new game and boooooosh.

To be honest sometimes when im playing WGT my laptop seems to make a bit of a racket and sometimes not....When its noisy the game is smooth

This is not regular but from time to time and on nothing else i use laptop for.

Ive shut down all APS in windows 8 from running in background, no difference in performance though. I use chrome.

Sorry for essay but i aint massifly technical, just get by

Bubbs

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 5:20 AM

bubbsboy:
    To be honest sometimes when im playing WGT my laptop seems to make a bit of a racket and sometimes not....When its noisy the game is smooth

This sounds like a heat issue. If the fan is what's causing the noise and everything's OK when it's noisy, not hearing the noise could mean the fan's not running and your CPU is running hot.

A couple of things that could help-a cool pad ($20 at most department stores) that you set your laptop on that has its own fan. In the absence of that, prop the back of your laptop up so there's more space underneath it to allow for air circulation. You could be looking at a tired fan that might be all dusted up and having to work too hard to keep things cool.

Also, how do you start the game? Hitting Play Now? If you do it this way, make sure you close the main page as the activity on it can get in the way.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 5:40 AM

Playing skins last night I had a couple of strange issues I've never seen before. On a 10 ft putt my putter was stuck on 300 ft power, I was not on fringe or anything. Could not change it back to lesser and did not choose 300 to begin with, lol. Tried to putt, lost the hole and moved on. On the next tee, my caddy was circulating my whole bag of clubs through at a high rate of speed with the meter window going wide to narrow to wide, etc. and I could not click on anything to stop it or continue on. I had only the game client open and X'd it out, reopened and continued with no issues. I start with the Play Now from the home page and close it when the client fully opens. Cleared caches 2 days prior. Just weird stuff.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 12:00 PM

YankeeJim:

bubbsboy:

This sounds like a heat issue. If the fan is what's causing the noise and everything's OK when it's noisy, not hearing the noise could mean the fan's not running and your CPU is running hot.

A couple of things that could help-a cool pad ($20 at most department stores) that you set your laptop on that has its own fan. In the absence of that, prop the back of your laptop up so there's more space underneath it to allow for air circulation. You could be looking at a tired fan that might be all dusted up and having to work too hard to keep things cool.

Also, how do you start the game? Hitting Play Now? If you do it this way, make sure you close the main page as the activity on it can get in the way.

Brilliant advice Jim, thanks

I play with laptop on my knee, in armchair legs out on stool (back issue means its more comfortable than sitting at a table)

Laptop only 6 months old Toshiba, 2 vents are exposed, side and underneath centre (between my legs ooooer), two vents are not, they are where legs are.

Ive listened to the main side vent close up and i can hear like as though theres a bit of grit bouncing about.

Def believe im an idiot and as im blocking 2 of the 3 underneath vents then im restricting airflow, nor the wonder the side main vent is blowing like a hair dryer

Time to re think comfort lol

Thanks mate, im now gonna try to get this lifted a bit

Bubbs

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 12:30 PM

bubbsboy:
    Time to re think comfort lol

A cool pad is just the ticket. I have one and a Toshiba laptop, too. It plugs into one of the USB ports and is as quiet as a church mouse. Belkin makes the one I use and it cost me $20 at Walmart.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2015 12:53 PM

Looks as though i could use that and not move off my lazy ass lol

Think we have some of them at work, but stealing is a no no lol

Thanks again, great help

Bubbs

EDIT....PC World ;-)

RSS