Forums

Help › Forums

Putter distance Logic

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 15 2009 11:38 AM (5 replies)
  • WRXsanddog28
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2008 6:09 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the logic the system uses to choose the putter distance selection is not right... Putts above 25 but below 30 feet that are down hill do not choose the correct distance, i have noticed this on a few occasions where 27 ft put with 10" down hill gives you the 30 foot putter but a 27 foot putt with 1ft of down hill give you the 60 option.. I think that the system is calculating the distance based on the 1 and not the 12 inches... and with no way to switch between the 30 and 60 this is a problem.

• glhadiator
    39 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2008 6:54 AM

It is an issue no doubt. Some of the members have discussed this issue before. I think they are planning to change it in the future so the player can select which putter/distance they wish to use. Hope so anyway.

Glhad

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2008 10:32 AM

It's a double edged sword, because earlier today I had a 27' foot put that was 5" uphill and it stuck me with the 30 foot bar.  I had no chance whatsoever to make that putt.  The only solution here is to let us switch between distances.

• 2Stroke
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2008 12:18 PM

hey niv,

I had the same problem and had no chance at making the putt..i tried it anyway and came up about 4 foot short.  Since then i've started chipping or flopping those shots on the green when i'm given the wrong putter.  I've not made any of those but at least i'm closer to the hole ;)

• codmot
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 3:34 AM

I, too, have had that problem and noticed that if you flop on a long putt instead of giving you the normal 18yd flop shot It'll give you a choice of flops measured in feet  instead of yards. It is very useful when you get those really long putts. The 150 ft putter is a joke.Hack is a perfect word for those of us still leaving putts that long.lol.

• RReddrop
    10 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 11:38 AM

I just wanted to bump this.  This is probably my biggest peeve on gameplay.

RSS