Help › Forums

Browsers

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:08 PM (8 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 3:20 AM

Saturday 04/25/15

I'm setting up a new laptop, and I'm looking for info as to what browsers seem to work best at this time.  It came with I.E. as part of Windows,which I haven't tried at all.   I don't want to try Chrome with the problems there with support for flash going away.  I'll be downloading the latest version available with everything I try, unless I'm given a specific version to try.

Friday night I installed Firefox, and Maxthon.  I'd had good luck with Firefox when I first started playing about 6 months ago, but that was running version 14, or so.  Last night the swing meter was the worst I've seen, with actual pauses of between 0.25 and 0.5 seconds.  Long enough to see and allow me to stop from finishing the swing. Nearly unplayable.

Maxthon seemed very steady, with hardly a twitch.  However, I noticed that the right click button didn't work, so there was no way to zoom in and out, or access the global flash settings.  Anyone have a clue how to fix that?  Please let me know.  I'd appreciate any and all help, and I'll post all of my findings here.

Thanks,

Phred952

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 3:35 AM

I still use Maxthon 3. I find it best for me and much better than other Maxthon products.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 3:37 AM
    With regards to Maxthon, this thread might be of interest to you Phred. CLICK.
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 4:39 AM

Thanks to both of you, Courtney and Scott.  I removed Cloud and installed Maxthon 3 and everything is as it should be.  I wish programmers would learn that sometimes things are better left alone.  (HINT, HINT WGT).

It appears that Max 3 is probably the best browser for WGT.  I plan to use it only for that, unless I hear of something that's better.  If so I will post my results  

Thanks Again,

Jeff

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 5:10 AM

Don't forget to enable Adhunter within Max 3, then you won't see an ad anywhere.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 5:49 AM

TBE   Thebigeasy always reoommended bersion 3.5.1.2000 I think.

I'm pretty sure that's how Ms Fish got hooked.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 11:55 AM

Firefox has been working quite well for me for a long time, especially after the change in the game client earlier this year.

Alas, I had to change recently because Flash(?) began to shut down the browser in short intervals (minutes). Further to this annoyance, I had to close the FF process in the task manager before restarting it - double pain.

Now I use Maxthon for WGT and FF for all other browser tasks - no more interruptions. It makes me think that some new flaw has been included :(

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 3:32 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions.  Like a lot of you, Firefox worked great until the infamous "March Madness" update.  Since then, it's like a completely different browser.  I've loaded Maxthon 3, and it (fingers crossed) seems to be working fine.  Thank you all.

Phred952 

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:08 PM

I used Dragon for ages , then overnight it became unplayable. Maxthon is by far the best browser to use. Though for some reason I can't  Twitch my games when using it. 

RSS