Forums

Help › Forums

Poaching

Tue, Apr 28 2015 3:58 PM (47 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2015 3:04 PM

On one of our members walls is a message beginning "i am not a poacher lol", then goes on to say "but theres no harm having a look at our CC". Now the LOL bit confuses me, are you laughing as you are a poacher and its funny, or are you just a bit touched!!!

3 letters and a number this owners name is and the club is something like... viarley of the soon

Nice stuff P, shameful

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2015 3:14 PM

Yes , it is just bad style from that owner, but I think you are better of writing him a msg telling him so.

Many of those owners  around.

I consider it a slap in my face when someone sends my those invites.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2015 3:18 PM

Yeah thanks, have put brief message on his wall and on the wall of the member of our club. Just like to put it ut there mate.

Cheers

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 7:56 AM

When a club owner or member tries to recruit a  member of another club, I believe it is unethical and shows what type of owner he is! If someone is unhappy or unsatisfied with the club, he will go looking for a new one.

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 9:58 AM

if an owner has to resort to poaching then that is a club I would not wish to be a member of.

good luck with yours Bubbs

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 10:29 AM

I've seen this subject mentioned before, and I still have the same opinion...and it's this - I don't have a problem with "poachers", and I'll tell you why.  If someone is perfectly happy with their current CC, then no amount of coercing and begging will get them to leave.  Now if someone makes a bribe and does not follow through, that'd be an issue.

Now, if after told no, they keep going?  It becomes harrassment.  THAT I have a problem with.  However, if someone is in a club that they're unhappy with and are given a bill of goods on another club more suitable to their wants, I say go for it.

It's usual misplaced blame.  It's like if you walk in on your girl doin' some other dude, it's not the other guy you should be getting all pissed at.  It's her.  SHE'S the one cheating on you, not him.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 11:04 AM

He has actually posted a half ass excuse on my wall, condoning it. Well its up to him, colours to the mast and all that. Just something i replied to Paul when he was saying the same about another owner recently

Now i aint saying we are successful but i am trying, but i still aint complaining cos its happened to our club, its just what i believe

Cheers Andy for well wishes, yours and ECGA are great clubs, i just needed to have a go lol

Michael, i agree except he did not say he was unhappy. If he did leave then not a single issue from me at all

Our aim is to be like the big clubs on here, not the V sun!!!

• BogeyMan310
    865 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 11:15 AM

MichaelStroke:

I've seen this subject mentioned before, and I still have the same opinion...and it's this - I don't have a problem with "poachers", and I'll tell you why.  If someone is perfectly happy with their current CC, then no amount of coercing and begging will get them to leave.  Now if someone makes a bribe and does not follow through, that'd be an issue.

Now, if after told no, they keep going?  It becomes harrassment.  THAT I have a problem with.  However, if someone is in a club that they're unhappy with and are given a bill of goods on another club more suitable to their wants, I say go for it.

It's usual misplaced blame.  It's like if you walk in on your girl doin' some other dude, it's not the other guy you should be getting all pissed at.  It's her.  SHE'S the one cheating on you, not him.

I agree with everything said here^, If you run a good CC and have loyal members, what are your worries, sounds to me a few are insecure about their clubs and members.  I am with a club and have received invites from other clubs through my wall, invites and politely decline as I am very content with the club I am in, It is not a big club but we have a very good core of people that play, our owner is active and keeps things going as do the members.  Sorry I do not view it as poaching but advertising and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 11:49 AM

Not insecure just dont agree with it, sign of a toerag. Im very happy with my 6 week old club and so i should be. Also i do a lot of work in our cc and also play all the comps i set.

Advertising is what i do on country club corner, if you care to take a look i do that a lot. Poaching, no, i dont do that

LOL. 3 letters but big giveaway i feel. To those who agree then thanks, to those who dont, then.......

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 11:56 AM

My feeling is if a CC owner goes around sending invites to members already in a CC, that owner is a Low Life Douche Bag !!!  and I have had a douche bag owner send invites on more than 1 occasion to members who decline it or delete the post off their wall but still send requests again too them !!

RSS