Forums

Help › Forums

Hole #16 on hardest holes

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 23 2015 4:59 PM (5 replies)
  • jimmeb
    18 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:41 AM

Every time i play this course and get to this hole ,the wind is blowing from left to right .I play from the Legend tees and for some reason you can't hit a tee shot over the tree in front of the tee box .Therefore your always in the deep rough to the right side.Any tips would be welcomed. TY

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2015 11:38 PM

Aim well right of fairway (strength of wind determines how far right),  and deliberately miss 'ding' 1 line left  of centre - in effect deliberate duck hook.

This technique works well on several other holes - Beth 2, Oly 5, Merion 10 - being 3 that come immediately to mind.

Thomas

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2015 11:48 PM

jimmeb:

Every time i play this course and get to this hole ,the wind is blowing from left to right .I play from the Legend tees and for some reason you can't hit a tee shot over the tree in front of the tee box .Therefore your always in the deep rough to the right side.Any tips would be welcomed. TY

Drive with full back spin. The ball should fly over the trees ;)

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2015 12:01 AM

newcastleb:

Aim well right of fairway (strength of wind determines how far right),  and deliberately miss 'ding' 1 line left  of centre - in effect deliberate duck hook.

This technique works well on several other holes - Beth 2, Oly 5, Merion 10 - being 3 that come immediately to mind.

Thomas

Oly 10 too... Although on this hole, with his equipment, I'd go with Joe's option

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2015 5:19 AM

Aim at the hole in the tree and use full bs. Adjust for the wind and you should be fine.

• jimmeb
    18 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2015 4:59 PM

ty all for tips --everyone seems to work -tyagain.

RSS