Forums

Help › Forums

why is a "day" from 12-12?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 19 2015 2:20 PM (5 replies)
  • TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 7:59 PM

when it comes to consecutive days, why aren't "days" from 12-12? Be easier to remember than "what time did I play last?". I get on thinking its one day and it the WGT world its the next day and i've lost my consecutive days. why isn't a day 12-12? Would not matter what time zone your in. I'm sure there's a simple answer, just want know what it is.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 10:08 PM

It is if you live over here. During the winter months anyway.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2015 12:08 AM

TracyMax:
    when it comes to consecutive days, why aren't "days" from 12-12? Be easier to remember than "what time did I play last?". I get on thinking its one day and it the WGT world its the next day and i've lost my consecutive days. why isn't a day 12-12? Would not matter what time zone your in. I'm sure there's a simple answer, just want know what it is.

They are from 12-12, and the FAQs state the time zone, UTC.

It's easy to remember from the time counter in the game client.

It doesn't matter what time zone you're in, if you only care to read and observe the information given.

And, BTW, heaven won't collapse from your loss. You'd only need a few days (4) more to get to the level that you want.

Concerning the reason, the answer has never been given here AFAIS. Best chance might be to knock at the door of 160 Pine Street, 5th floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. Alas, I doubt that it would help you to know "why?"

Why do you guys always ask WHY when the reason don't matter?

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2015 11:13 AM

alosso:

TracyMax:

They are from 12-12, and the FAQs state the time zone, UTC.

It's easy to remember from the time counter in the game client.

It doesn't matter what time zone you're in, if you only care to read and observe the information given.

And, BTW, heaven won't collapse from your loss. You'd only need a few days (4) more to get to the level that you want.

Concerning the reason, the answer has never been given here AFAIS. Best chance might be to knock at the door of 160 Pine Street, 5th floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. Alas, I doubt that it would help you to know "why?"

Why do you guys always ask WHY when the reason don't matter?

Appreciate the information, though it could have been posted without all the sarcasm . I don't understand why people like yourself feel the need to "belittle" others when they ask a question. First of all I did a search in the search bar of the forum and came up with nothing, no did not think to try frequently asked questions. That justify's your belittling sarcasm, I think not. 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2015 11:49 AM

TracyMax - My best guess? The reason consecutive days are set to UTC while other areas of the game operate on Pacific Time Zone has to do with WGT programmers being unwilling or lacking the foresight to communicate with each other, much the same as everyone else at WGT. Oversight by management was weak as well.

An easy way to deal with the consecutive days in the United States is to play a game or hole before going to bed each night. Then you don't have to worry about the deadline the next day.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2015 2:20 PM

TracyMax:
    Appreciate the information, though it could have been posted without all the sarcasm . I don't understand why people like yourself feel the need to "belittle" others when they ask a question. First of all I did a search in the search bar of the forum and came up with nothing, no did not think to try frequently asked questions. That justify's your belittling sarcasm, I think not. 

Sorry to hear this from you. It wasn't sarcasm but truth.

Didn't mean to belittle you but if you feel so it may have a reason(?)

Perhaps you can take the advice concerning the FAQs as a valuable hint - they are my first source of information if I'm in doubt and contain a lot of useful information. Nevertheless, they are just useless at some points.

RSS