Forums

Help › Forums

Isnt it time to really clean up, WGT?

Wed, Apr 29 2015 3:07 AM (72 replies)
  • Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 3:17 AM

Glitches after glitches after glitches.

I just played, no, tried to play a simpel 2 man game, practice conditions ( pga9 tournament on ladders, co, uk) and the amount of glitches in just that one effort were staggering.

Loading error, loading difficulties, disconnections, not able to move marker, disappeared flagsticks, backview were the avatar still showed, able to move marker on hte right overview of the hole but it does not move on the actual holescreen, jumping meters, accelerating meters, stuttering meters, putting settings jumping from 50 to 100 without any reason.

And all this was just in one game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice to WGT: close the site for at least a month and go fixing, testing, fixing again till you got all this out of the way

PS, you still did not get the speednominations for your tournaments right.

• golfman454ss
    146 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 5:52 AM

this game still sucks thought i would try to play a CTTH tourney after not playing for a month and didnt make it past the second hole. 130 to pin 12,14 wind in the face hit 135 club and it went 139, yep still sucks going back to the other golf game much more fun.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 6:30 AM

I know what you mean. I can play in a tournament for credits and miss a putt...and then go back in practice mode to see why I missed the exact same putt and make it.  LOL. Happens to me all the time. So frustrating. The camera will skip and then the ball will lip out or miss by .2 feet. I had one hang on the side of the cup where the ball was halfway in the hole and still said I was .2 feet away. Boy, the VEM must be really turned up now. I just had to withdraw from 3 straight RG's very unplayable for me.  Haven't had to do that in many moons.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 7:24 AM

I  try to use the free pass to notch up the level of my new club, its nice to be able to get a few freebies like putter/ Shot,Pal  and l play just one practice hole when l first log on 

All been working well up to a  week or So back but now  l have had a few glitches that have ended the one hole game after just Teeing off, and hence lost Pass, 

Guess there is no100% way off avoiding these game disconnections,

Just Saying

Dave

• why9
    907 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 8:37 AM

time to clean up ????? 

hate to break this to  you but they have been cleaning up the hole time ..... clubs , balls , golf bags , level ups , club pass's  the pro shop must makes millions by itself ,  then add in the ridiculously high rake from match play challenge's , skins games and ready goes  well yeah there cleaning up alight . 

while it would be as simple as a few new servers and a cpl of  programmers that that didn't have there heads up their ass's  to improve........as long as we keep paying they will keep spitting out the same product with the same glitch's and the weak ass tag line clear your cookies and clean you cache ...  .. if you want change going to have to wait for a new company to come along as WGT has proved  over and over they don't  give a *** how this game plays as long as it  "Pays and it does :)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 9:10 AM

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 9:11 AM

Heath021:
    The camera will skip and then the ball will lip out or miss
    Been noticing this camera skip causing basic misses since the flash wheel changed and the par 3's audio was fixed. I see it in ready-go's and multi-player (alt.'s). I also see that if I'm holding putting aimer to adjust it , the dots slow to a crawl  , let off they speed up. 

Edit> Oh , yes , as Covenant mentioned , the load errors are really bad and very new to me. I told some friends in an alt. shot Thurs. night that I thought my I-tunes or anti-virus must be updating because I was loading between holes so sluggishly. I personally haven't had loading issues in a very long time. Quite pronounced at the moment.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 9:45 AM

why9:
    simple as a few new servers

Not really. As long as the PC version is flash based, it has no future. It would make stupid business sense to even attempt a switch now. Mobile, mobile, mobile!!!! 95% of the programmer's time is spent focusing on mobile. 2% is focused on adding new crap to the Pro Shop. 3% is spent laughing at those on WGT who think their voice or complaints really matter. It's sad.

why9:
    a new company to come along

Already has.

why9:
    they don't  give a *** how this game plays as long as it  "Pays and it does :)

Yep. 

One more disturbing observation (the game glitches and bugs are accepted as part of playing this game, to me, so I don't care if they are fixed or not):

The fact that if you use Google, Yahoo, or Facebook to log in (to avoid typing user name and password), you have to become one the mobile users now. Doesn't matter that I play on desktop, I have been added to billions/trillions of WGT Mobile users. 

Gotta give the boys in SF credit, though. They ain't stupid.

We are.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 9:56 AM

Covenant:
    My advice to WGT: close the site for at least a month and go fixing, testing, fixing again till you got all this out of the way

Yup, its a mess, but still open!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2015 9:56 AM

andyson:

Covenant:

Yup, its a mess, but still open!

LOL

RSS