Forums

Help › Forums

Wifes account banned for me logging on it! Need Help

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 2 2015 12:45 PM (30 replies)
  • OmniV
    66 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:15 PM

1st off.... We have players from hack level to legend highlighted on the WGT page shooting in the 50's. Odd.....

To my point of frustration now, my Wife has an account she created because I told her she couldnt play my character anymore lol. The character name is sweething26 ( name coming from a favorite Keith Urban song)She is a RN and as you might expect her work schedule can be very erratic and hectic at times. She asked me to log onto her player to insure she continued to get her daily play bonus. A couple of guys who flocked to her with an invite as soon as I logged on informed me when I accepted but told them who I was informed me sorry they only play women.......in addition to that pretty much went on to dog me out saying I had a fake profile picture and blah blah blah ( must note here that I feel there are a TON of fake profile pictures) but this one IS in fact my Wife. We share a house, bank account all the usual things. I was informed that something was wrong, she couldnt log in. I found out her account had been banned for cheating and sandbagging....... really? I was further informed that I had broken WGT terms and conditions (which I have read and can not find one sentence to confirm that) and that me logging onto her account was the reason the account was banned. The support email is a joke and down right rude! I feel this is unjust considering we have dropped quite a chunk of change in the people at WGT's pocket on clubs, balls etc... 

I have had no response when I have requested to speak to anyone in a supervisory position. If anyone has any input or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I am kind of in the hotseat since my logging on at her request has casued her to lose her player.

Thanks in advance!!!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 9:24 PM

20-20 hindsight now but for the CDP bonus on her account you should have just played the one hole option to get it and logged out. Your error was playing a full game and/or interacting with anyone on her account.

Try customer service again and see if they will allow your wife's account to be reactivated if you both go through the account verification process with WGT.

• OmniV
    66 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 9:40 PM

Yeah you are right. I wanted to be honest so they didn't use their come on lines on me so I told them it was her husband. I wasn't aware you could do a 1 hole and done to get the xp I thought it had to be 9. My player is verified and I have contacted customer support numerous times.... they have been just down right hateful. Now she has about demanded I remove her profile pic.... can't even log into it for that though. She isn't happy lol

Thanks for the reply!!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:01 PM

You're welcome.

The one hole option is done through the drop down menu at the top of these pages labeled "WGT COMMUNITY".

Click on "Golf Courses".

Click on a course. Select "Play Hole (#)".

Click on "Play Hole Now".

Play the hole and you're done.

I usually play #9 at St. Andrews since it's usually only 2 or 3 shots in that mode and it's very difficult to lose a ball there. I think most other players just select a par 3 hole at any of the courses.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:24 PM

I personally don't care if you play on her account, but everyone here knows what happens when they see that sh!t going on...I don't believe your story because she hasn't played since March 22 and only played 8 Matches total so it doesn't seem like she would be concerned about CDP points...

Now if that's what I think, you can imagine what WGT thinks LOL...besides it is very clear in the T&C it is not allowed...sorry it happened dude...

10. Each user participating on the Site and/or through the Application(s) may have only one player Account. If you wish to create a new player Account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If WGT determines that you have more than one Account, all Accounts created subsequent to the first Account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player Account, may result in the termination of all of your player Accounts. Your Account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player Account to access WGT, participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player Account.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 11:01 PM

fatdan:
    I personally don't care if you play on her account, but everyone here knows what happens when they see that sh!t going on...I don't believe your story because she hasn't played since March 22 and only played 8 Matches total so it doesn't seem like she would be concerned about CDP points...

Nicely spotted, Dan. The status "learning a new player" on the "wife's" account is priceless as well.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 11:05 PM

srellim234:
    The one hole option is done through the drop down menu at the top of these pages labeled "WGT COMMUNITY". [...]

+1

Alternatively, select strokeplay  and practice in the game client, choose a course (e.g. Bandon) and choose between 1, 3, 5 holes practice. Here, the Best of... courses are a choice, too.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 3:39 AM

fatdan:

Now if that's what I think, you can imagine what WGT thinks LOL...besides it is very clear in the T&C it is not allowed...sorry it happened dude...

10. Each user participating on the Site and/or through the Application(s) may have only one player Account. If you wish to create a new player Account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If WGT determines that you have more than one Account, all Accounts created subsequent to the first Account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player Account, may result in the termination of all of your player Accounts. Your Account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player Account to access WGT, participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player Account.

They were clearly by his own admission breaking the rules from the start by letting his wife play on his account. This is a case where both accounts could have been and maybe should have been deactivated. 

• Lambothy
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 4:13 AM

I need credits is there any way other than buying or getting free credits

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 4:58 AM

RSS