Forums

Help › Forums

spin

Tue, Feb 5 2019 10:54 PM (20 replies)
  • robgt90
    21 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 4:31 PM

I have hit numerous shots on this game with full backspin into headwinds, and still do not fully comprehend how the ball does not spin backwards, and how the ball travel past the hole, even though it is clearly uphill. Is there a logical explanation to this at all?

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 6:00 PM

Hi Robgt90,

The only thing I could think of would be the type of shot you are taking and how far off the green you are. This mainly comes down to trajectory. If you are hitting punch shots just off the green your ball will roll no matter how much backspin you put on it. This is an extreme case but paints a picture. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 6:23 PM

Hey Rob...sad to say, for the most part the spin you seek can only be bought ;-}

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 6:37 PM

Listen to SP lol 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:14 PM

Hey Rob,

The distance of your shot will also effect the amount of spin you get.  Especially with lower lvl equipment, the more lofted the club, like  wedges and short irons, the more they will generate spin easier.  Long irons much harder to get any spin.  And woods impossible.   And some brand clubs,  make a lot more, even at lower levels.  Search the forum for threads on the lower lvl Cleveland Wedges and see what I mean.  Always check posts for advice on equipment upgrades before you buy.  And SP is right.  You have to spend the credits (paid for or earned via surveys, etc.) to get results.

Good luck,

Phred952

• jimmassie
    53 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:34 PM

High level Cleveland wedges will back-em' up!

• Ashlinco
    303 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:38 PM

I use level 90  nike balls and can stop it dead on the green with my cleveland wedges using no back spin.same thing with my irons with very little roll with full backspin.Hope this helps.

Dawn

• Sikkum
    88 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2015 10:18 PM

WGTShamWow:
    The only thing I could think of would be the type of shot you are taking and how far off the green you are. This mainly comes down to trajectory. If you are hitting punch shots just off the green your ball will roll no matter how much backspin you put on it.

Sorry Sham...this is incorrect.  Level 71 nike xi-x punched with L98 ATV from just off the green , with full backspin will do a "one hop and stop"........it does not roll.  Try it.

Regards,

Sikkum

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 12:32 AM

Be careful what you wish for!! :-)

Agassi1991

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2015 3:43 AM

Indeed, Jim.  I'm still trying to adjust to that, and I've had mine for 6-7 weeks now.  Makes reading the greens on approach shots so very important.  I don't know if the lower lvl Cleveland's will do that also.  I never owned them.  And I don't want to discourage him too much, as he's got a ways to go to unlock the top ones.

Phred952

RSS