Forums

Help › Forums

Jumpy meter and stuttering screen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 1 2024 1:51 PM (20 replies)
  • DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 1:24 PM

Can someone tell me why I get the totally unplayable meter stuttering and jerky/jumpy Flash screen. I know it's not on my end, because I've cleared everything and run the same settings as always. Is it the server I get connected to, or traffic on the site, or WGT programers messing with the game in real time, or all 3 or a combination? Seems to be occuring after updates and between 5 and 6 pm CDT when more players are accessing the site. I'm not sure there is any fix, stuttering meter issues have plagued WGT since day one, and there is probably no hope of resolving them. But would be nice to know the cause and to see if we players can mitigate it on our end, because WGT seems to have given up on trying to take responsibility for this issue and to fix it. Just appeared out of nowhere on last hole of MPC and clearly cost me the match!

• knifleydog
    264 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 1:33 PM

Same here, was playing a CC tournament and on the last hole it started.

• rezzijj
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 2:44 PM

WGT.. whats the reason you keep taking my balls out of play that i paid for....excluding in water and out of bounds?   

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 2:48 PM

New thought. Was just playing a guy (made me feel really stupid, when he said he hadn't spent a penny on the game and I have spent 1,000s) whos' meter was fine, while mine was crap, and he asked me if the game has been sketchy since WGT has been pushing the mobile app? Never really thougt about it, but YES! He suggested they have just had their programming priorities shifted to the mobile application and let the on line game go to hell. Are they 2 different games and/or ways of playing? If so it finally made sence, why mobile players are experiencing smooth meters and better gamming and us poor fools who play on line and invest real money get the crap game. Seems like the more time and real $$ one spends, the worse the experience! Another novel business model from WGT, I'm sure.

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 3:03 PM

Seriously, would really like some help here! Are we back to using older versions of Flash and browsers, what's up!!!

Forget about just a jumpy meter and a jerky screen, I would settle for a playable one!

I would pay real money to get just one or 2 smooth meter shots per round, that's how bad this has gotten.

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 4:40 PM

are you playing in normal or full screen mode?  I know to some degree the normal screen size mode is always a bit smoother than the full screen mode. although if you change from one to the other your swing meter size will change a bit and you will have to make adjustments.

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 4:57 PM

Normal mode, haven't changed anything! Settings, cache clearing proceedures, clearing everything before I start the game client. Using SmartRam during the game to reduce the Flash player usage. I haven't changed the way my computer is set up, to the way I play. All that has changed, is they did an update last night. First game was fine until the 9th hole of the match, then the meter stutter, flash player screen jerking, etc., has made the game unplayable, ever since. I really appreciate hearing from others on what they think. I can't be the only one experiencing meter and Flash issues? Did they screw it up again, so we have to use older Flash versions or older Browsers. This is so frustrating, that all of a sudden the game just becomes utterly unplayable and I have changed nothing on my end!

NRVER MIND the never mind, thought it go better, but now metergoes a little, then stops, then starts, goes some more, then stops, then.... real fun guessing when to click to hope to get it somewhere in the range where you can hit the ball. They should make it a new arcade game, can you hit the ding.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:52 PM

rezzijj:

WGT.. whats the reason you keep taking my balls out of play that i paid for....excluding in water and out of bounds?   

It's all answered in the FAQ but since you failed to look over there, I'll post it here for you.

What is the ball durability limit?

Each ball can only be used for a limited number of shots. The number of hits will be tracked and displayed on the swing interface in the game under the HITS meter. This will give you an estimate of how many hits you have left with that ball. Putts are not counted as a hit to the ball unless the putt is a mulligan. If it is a mulligan then two hits will be deducted from the durability.

When you have 25% durability left on your ball, the HITS meter will turn red.

What happens if I run out of balls during a round?

When you reach the hit limit for the ball you are using it will be replaced automatically with a new ball of the same type and color. If you do not have any more of the ball type and color in your inventory then the Basic ball will be inserted. The Basic ball is the ball provided to you when you first start playing WGT. Once you play with the Basic ball you cannot change balls during your round.

What happens if I lose a ball Out of Bounds or in a Water Hazard?

If you hit a ball OB or into a Water Hazard that ball will be removed and will be replaced with a new ball of the same type and color if you have one. If not, it will be replaced with the Basic ball.

How do I know when my ball has been replaced?

A message will be displayed when the ball you were using has been taken out of play and replaced.

Can I purchase new balls during my round?

Yes, you can visit the Pro Shop during your round to replenish the ball you are using. If you lose your last ball of a specific type and color you can purchase new ones in the Pro Shop but will not be able to use them in your current round if you have already switched to the Basic ball.

Will I ever run out of the Basic ball?

No, you have an unlimited inventory of the Basic ball.

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 11:22 PM

And what does when does my ball run out have to do with meter stutter?

• rezzijj
    7 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 8:00 PM

WGT.......... what is unexpected error mean...!!!  happens alot..give me a reply please!!!!!

RSS