• calderone1921
    44 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 11:39 PM

C

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 12:12 AM

Hi

Sorry to say, but 4 days is nothing. I think some of the other TL RG's have been there

40-50 days!! lol

Peter

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 12:33 AM

As long as the TL's are allowed in the tier-less RG's, the TL specific RG's will take forever. It's the most unfair and ridiculous aspect of this game. All it does is take from the gullible, naive players who enter and "think" they have a chance. 

9 hole 50 credit RG's would be the money-maker for WGT (not uel's). They fill and restart 2-3 times per day. Should be one for every course, front and back 9's.

And, every tier should have their own RG's. Tier-less "open" RG's are unfair to 99% of the players.

It just keeps the same winners winning and will never change. Like I said before, "you can't have too many winners/equality, because it would eat into the coffers/revenue. Let the same folks win, and let the same naive players keep contributing (like me, a couple of times a month, out of boredom). 

The naive part is not directed at you cald, but those players who have no idea what they're getting into by entering an "any tier RG". 

Whoever sets the RG's doesn't have profits in mind, that's for sure.

I did play 3 "50 cred" RG's earlier, like a dummy. I'll come out ahead, but with the ball usage, end up breaking even. So, I went to the surveys, slammed 1 and some vids (10 minutes) and got 160 credits back, so I'm good. 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 1:09 AM

jayw4862:
    you can't have too many winners/equality, because it would eat into the coffers/revenue. Let the same folks win, and let the same naive players keep contributing

I disagree - if less players win, the others will soon learn that they are fish only. More equal chances will be more attractive. OTOH, even in tiered comps only a few players have chances to win...

jayw4862:
    Whoever sets the RG's doesn't have profits in mind, that's for sure.

Q is, whose profit?

Fairness and players' profit probably is not too high in WGT's targets, but their own profit certainly is. They should agree with you and put the stress to those RGs filling easily, building up a quick turnover in rakes.

• calderone1921
    44 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 2:51 PM

{

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 3:51 PM

calderone1921:
    And just like the real world where dirty businessmen or politicians 'lie and deny' until their problem blows over--the same thing can happen here; when posters come out and shoot down the conspiracy theories.  

Hmmm but yelling that dinosaurs walked with us because someone finds the shape of 1 old shoe nearby, and the proof of that being that everyone says the finder is a fruit loop don't work either you might agree,

Hard to work out your standard of play as mostly you are a CC man.  Going back you have some RRs at Beth F9.  Brutally they are not remarkable scores at the easiest F9 going.  

This looks a classic case of questing for TL, using WGTs easy own adventure to TL route, and then up against the real big guns coming up way short because you are not ready.  

All is not lost though, just need to learn more.  However the TL badge, got from the easy route, does not magic you to top big gun standard.  Yes cheats exist, but out of those and the genuine players that are good  your score history says you do not have the experience to go in that mix yet.  

TL only RG - waste of space time wise;

Open RGs - You play against the best (cheats there too of course);

Legend only - Some good Ls and m/a heaven also in the mix.

However WGT cut it WGT consistently get the way they set up RGs wrong for TLs.

If you want to enter a 3rd RG I would suggest only doing it on a course you have a RR track record of doing v well on in real conditions.  Don't take any of it the wrong way, but also don't let that voodoo from the inept make you think you can't compete eventually.  Bit less of the average buster CC stuff, and bit more real course stuff, and will be fine (after a little while).  Or just carry on with the CC easy as average busting stuff, but obviously don't expect to have the skills for RG type level of comp.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 9:43 PM

Jimbog1964:
    Or just carry on with the CC easy as average busting stuff, but obviously don't expect to have the skills for RG type level of comp.

For sure!! I've played a few tourneys from red tees and I won't do it again. I miss too many fairways, and it's no fun whatsoever. But, to each their own, I guess. I do set up Red Tee par 3 9 hole Tourneys in my CC, but ONLY because it gives me something to do when I'm bored, or have played out the tourneys that are open. Plus, and the biggest reason I do the RT Par 3's, is I can play minimum 9 rounds with one ball.

I did jump off in 3 50 Credit RG's and all I did was gain 125 credits over my entry fees. Take the ball usage into account (2 9 hole and 1 18 hole) and I profited 5-10 credits, lol.

I wish the Red Tee rounds didn't have any impact on any stats, too. My average should be 59-61, yet it is 55.9. I don't shoot 55's anywhere. Actually, it's hard to break 60, even on Par 70 courses. I'd pay to have my average put to 60. I don't like that's it's fake. But, it's my fault for playing those RT tourneys.

I would really like to get back that enthusiasm I had for the 1st year playing. I couldn't wait to log on and play. And, I'd play for hours and hours. I lost my wife and dog when I got hooked on this game. Now, I regret it. That was the best dog a man could ever have. I sure miss him :-(

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 10:36 PM

alosso:
    Q is, whose profit?

WGT's, of course. If they put up 30 50 credit RG's, every one would fill twice (or more) per day. WGT's take is smaller, but the volume would make the profit ratio 5 (or more) times as high as it is now. Not to mention the mega-increase in ball usage/sales.

alosso:
    the others will soon learn that they are fish only

True. But, how many new fish join every day? I used to play those 100 credit tierless brackets, and won a ton doing so. I always saw that at least half were "fish". I also noticed that I hardly ever saw the same "fish" twice in a bracket. Yet, those brackets filled 3-4 times a day, easily. More "fish" here than in the ocean. Let those fish start winning anything,and they're deposits fall off. 

So, keep the same winners winning, and the deposits keep coming, as the fish foolishly chase that carrot they will never, ever catch.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 10:03 AM

Wow - was curious how recently or long ago this topic might have come up... 

I just got promoted to TL and noticed the one RG since getting promoted, never filled up and still waiting on another 21 entries or so. There are now 2 events but that is because a new RG cycle appears to have begun.

Yet, these posts date back over 4 years... so it doesn't appear to be a new or recent issue... Just one that was never really addressed by WGT. 

• PAGES
RSS