Forums

Help › Forums

tiger in the woods

Mon, Apr 13 2015 10:24 PM (52 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 4:19 PM

I have not  reed  he above   post ,   but just the thread title make me say ,so glad Tiger is back  and fighting  to play good .      We  will see him   this year    ...Golf is  winning  on all front .   good show so far at  the Master .   Frapp

• Steve915
    68 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 6:01 PM

Spieth's Masters to win. If he shoots 70 on Sunday, it's his.

I think he does it. He'll learn from last year's experience. He's hitting fairways and he has to be the best clutch putter on tour, right now.

As much as I'm not a fan of Woods, I'll give him credit for playing well this week after not competing for a couple of months.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 9:00 AM

Steve915:

Spieth's Masters to win. If he shoots 70 on Sunday, it's his.

I think he does it. He'll learn from last year's experience. He's hitting fairways and he has to be the best clutch putter on tour, right now.

As much as I'm not a fan of Woods, I'll give him credit for playing well this week after not competing for a couple of months.

A 70 by Spieth should win, after all, 270 at Augusta is no man's land in it's history and it would be a sight to behold...and Spieth doesn't seem to sway away from steady, smart consistancy and his putter is his best friend. A 65 from Rose or Lefty could supply a serious heater to the mix. Tiger has positive focus problems that indicate he is allowing his mind to drift into "don't do this, don't go there" instead of "go right there" and trust the positive. It will be, I believe, a typical, dramatic Masters Sunday with the game starting on the 10th tee. ;-} 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 9:25 AM

SweetiePie:
    Tiger has positive focus problems that indicate he is allowing his mind to drift into "don't do this, don't go there" instead of "go right there" and trust the positive.

I disagree. I've watched easily 2/3 of his holes so far (Masters.com-Featured group, Amen Corner, 15/16 plus highlights off scorecard) and his focus is right where it needs to be. He's recovering from his errant tees, which appear to be at a minimum, and his short game is keeping him in it.

His demeanor on the course is markedly better than it has been in recent years and were it not for Spieth's outstanding first  round, he'd be right in the thick of it all. Kinda makes the OP's declaration look like a hater's remark.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 9:36 AM

I just wish he would stop throwing his clubs,

Microphones can hear him using language that should be thought only on tv.

But he looks like he is back when the rust is gone.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 10:41 AM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:
    Tiger has positive focus problems that indicate he is allowing his mind to drift into "don't do this, don't go there" instead of "go right there" and trust the positive.

I disagree. I've watched easily 2/3 of his holes so far (Masters.com-Featured group, Amen Corner, 15/16 plus highlights off scorecard) and his focus is right where it needs to be. He's recovering from his errant tees, which appear to be at a minimum, and his short game is keeping him in it.

You can disagree all you wish Jim but you should explain his tee shot on #13 which is exactly as I describe it...the "it" creeping into his head when it should not. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 10:45 AM

SweetiePie:
    You can disagree all you wish Jim but you should explain his tee shot on #13 which is exactly as I describe it...the "it" creeping into his head when it should not.

One errant tee?? Pffft, look at the determination on the next 3 shots and the resulting birdie. That says more about his game this week than anything. 

• Steve915
    68 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 10:16 PM

Great win by Spieth, who also looks to be a class act as well as a star player.

Justin Rose also played great and matched Spieth on the back 9 and would not let him have it easy until the end.

Mickelson and Woods (the old guard) played well this week, but golf has a new generation taking over: Spieth, McIIroy and Fowler will be the next Big Three.

Good Masters but it lacked the drama of being close and having lead changes. Hope the US Open will have it.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2015 11:25 PM

Tigers done mentally...

Feigns another injury to justify a bad round in his own mind...I don't think he will ever finish in the top 10 in another major...

Not that the shot he hit didn't sting, but he walked down the fairway like he broke his shoulder...holding his wrist or elbow maybe...

Oh well, the new kids aren't near as arrogant as woods was...Bubba was voted by the players as the guy they would least likely help and he not only acknowledged the problem, but went out of his way to take a different approach all week...Tiger would  never do that!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 6:36 AM

fatdan:

Tigers done mentally...

It must be so. With his swing, his experience, his still youngish age, the miracle space age drivers & balls of today, yet he can't scare fairways ?....what else could it be ?

It would seem that Spieth is the future of golf and in my eyes I can't see anyone better suited for the honor than he. Everthing about him allows for it. It is known as a Gentleman's game and Jordan Spieth is a Gentleman of the very first order. Mr. Bobby Jones himself would be pleased.  ~ SP ~

RSS