Forums

Help › Forums

tiger in the woods

Mon, Apr 13 2015 10:24 PM (52 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2015 7:17 PM

TheAceFactor:

My personal opinion is that he needs to adjust to what is and stop trying to continue what was. He has an injury that will never be able to handle the tremendous torque and power that his style generates. He needs to adjust to a more traditional , high finish , brain game. Will he be the longest ?  No ,  and you know what ,  it's OK !  Will he still pull PW in areas where most pulled 8i ?  No ,  and , it's  OK !  Will he ever accept this change and transition to what his body will now allow him to do ?   I'm not sure !

I so wish that my opinions were as accurate ;-}  As usual, very cogent words by Ace.

....and A-Paul, it is true what you say of Langer !

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2015 7:44 PM

I am glad Tiger will play the  master  ....         you never know  ............   he  need to play good  ...and I hope he does  for the good of the game  ...and himself       .   So easy to trow a stone at someone   some time    .........       Look at  chance  we had in our life time  ....  it is a sport  of gents  ..   And all gents  are not always  perfect .....             

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2015 3:49 PM

frappefort:

I am glad Tiger will play the  master  ....         you never know  ............   he  need to play good  ...and I hope he does  for the good of the game  ...and himself       .   So easy to trow a stone at someone   some time    .........       Look at  chance  we had in our life time  ....  it is a sport  of gents  ..   And all gents  are not always  perfect .....             

Well said Francois, the truth seems that the game and it's fans are in great need of the excitement and mammoth interest and viewership he generates. There are some other darn good, maybe great players, but all seem to be void of the ingredients required to be remembered beyond a week or two; they come and go, or at best linger a year or so. ~ SP ~ 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2015 8:28 PM

I don't know how he'll do - but for the first time since he broke in I am rooting for him.

something endearing about a vulnerable tiger

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2015 2:40 PM

Prediction: 60/40 % chance due to not owning a crystal ball...lol

Tiger Woods: Finishes in the Top 10 if nothing gets in his way; mentally or physically

Phil Mickelson: Good chance of winning the Masters or at least 2nd place.

Bubba Watson: Finishes between 3rd and 5th place.

• Steve915
    68 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2015 10:57 PM

Tiger Woods has ZERO chance to win the Masters this week.

I'll take Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson and Rory McIlroy...........you can have the rest of the field.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2015 8:10 AM

Steve915:

Tiger Woods has ZERO chance to win the Masters this week.

I'll take Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson and Rory McIlroy...........you can have the rest of the field.

"ZERO" eh? What are you ? "Steve the Greek of Frisco?". Bro...you need three to take a pick ? Pick one. Show some grit. Incidently, be careful. Crow doesn't taste anything like chicken even though "Ernies" served it back in the day. ;-}

• Steve915
    68 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 11:31 PM

ZERO chance.

OK, I'll take Spieth.   :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 4:06 AM

Steve915:

ZERO chance.

OK, I'll take Spieth.   :)

Well, that looks like a good bet, of course we are only half way. The greens have been slow for Augusta so far. I imagine this will change, and as history has taught us, real fast greens there can alter minds and scores. As we know, you can play well there and be over par. I like Spieth. I like the way he conducts himself. I wish him well. We shall see. ;-}

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2015 10:47 AM

SweetiePie:
    I like the way he conducts himself

and when he swears - he does it quietly - compared to megaphone profanity style of tiger

but - i'm liking what i see from tiger - he's back - if his body can hold up - at least back better than i'd imagined.

rooting for "The Big Easy" now (still)

RSS