Forums

Help › Forums

Edgewood-Tahoe?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 5 2009 10:23 AM (23 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 2:31 PM

Yes, it is a much more involved process to put out a stroke play course, and as a result they have longer release cycles than closest to the hole challenges.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 3:04 PM

WGTalex:
    It is not yet certain whether this will become a stroke play course.

See, the bolded word is what gets me.  If that says 'when' instead of 'whether' then I think to myself, "Oh ok, it's coming eventually.  It takes a while so just shut-up and be patient about it."

Instead I see 'whether' and I'm thinking, "Well, that could mean never.  Why is that?  Is it a technical or contractual problem?  Did they only take enough photos for a skill challenge specifically?  Did half the photos get deleted by accident?  Are they just being lazy? Ninjas?" Etc etc.

Obviously I don't think you guys are lazy, I'm just illustrating my point.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 4:41 PM

Speaking of Edgewood.. I would have to put it on the B list as far as graphics go. Does not rise to the level of Bethpage or Kiawah. WC too. It reminds me of a muni course.I dont win lotteries and I know I wont win a sweepstake. Please have less sweeps.Like Tibbs said you work to improve and it becomes meaninless.  I thought Bethpage was an excellent release by WGT. If stroke play takes longer to code I dont think players would mind waiting for a course done right. Just dont start cookie-cutting the courses just for change. Maybe if there were more options on the good courses we already have to play like alternate shot ..best ball or how about skins game? Break up the mundane. At least we would have have some other choices while we are waiting.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 4:52 PM

hahahaha..... Ninjas..... ahhhh

• Azrael
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 4:56 AM

I actually think it looks pretty cool with all the water and the nice view of the lake.

But, no strokeplay, boohoo :(

• Jarid
    31 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 10:15 AM

Fuzz I have to disagree...but you know me I'm mountain/trees kinda guy:) I've played Edgewood many times and think they did a awesome job with it. It is true though it isn't a Bethpage but you can't beat the scenery. 

• billyray37
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 3:26 PM

Kinda feel sorry for ya alex.Guys on here play for basically free and then they want to gripe about you guys not movin fast enough to put up another stroke play course.I think for what ya get on here other than maybe having to buy a club every now and then people should be thankin ya.I see a lot of them apparently have nothing better to do>

• CrazyHorses
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 3:53 PM

Gotta say that Im a big fan of the closest to the hole challenges, but as others have mentioned here and in other threads, the sweepstakes takes out the competitive nature. 

I would prefer if prizes/awards/recognition was through the best scores, with maybe a much smaller percentage of these type games being randomly won, alot less...

BTW, I think Tahoe looks great, and strokeplay would be brill, or other forms of play.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 4:51 PM

billyray37:
    I see a lot of them apparently have nothing better to do

Nothing better to do than offer my opinion.  That's why we're here after all.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 6:00 AM

Well lets think about this logically....  Closest to the pin only involves 9 shots compared to an entire round where you can shoot anywhere from 60 to 100 times.... ok I've never shot 100 but you know what I mean...  there are so many more minute little details and nuances to any golf course... takes a lot of memory... lots of programing....  if it was so easy to develop a virtual course we'd all be making our own golf courses online and playing them

RSS