Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 10:33 AM

This game is extremely accurate, there are as many whiners here as there are on a real golf course, and just as many manipulators too.

Frustration is part of the sport. Where else on a  real course can you stop play on a given hole and resume at the same spot hours later? That is how I let off my frustration with the game's quirks.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 4:08 PM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    I have played with whiners many times and they all had one thing in common..none of them had a clue what they were doing lol

LMAO tremendous post!

I have approximately 8000 posts covering what you just nailed in one sentence! 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 5:16 PM

PaulTon:

WaLk0fLiFe:
    I have played with whiners many times and they all had one thing in common..none of them had a clue what they were doing lol

LMAO tremendous post!

+1

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 7:50 PM

DonCaron:

PaulTon:

WaLk0fLiFe:

LMAO tremendous post!

+1

+2

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:44 AM

HandyMcNab:

I am just a beginner but am glad to hear that long term players feel the same as I do. Reading some of the comments from self acclaimed experts on these forums I began to feel I was playing a totally different version of the game to the one they were.

Only the long time players, who are completely clueless, when it comes to understanding of the game and playing ability ;-)

And LMAO @ Jo, vns

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 5:09 AM

Game's inconsistency is well known. After all these years i am getting used to it. I can understand the randomness of circle of precision or the VEM thing when you play well. What i don't accept well are some errors in programming. For instance there are a lot of spots (especially around the greens in rough) that will play like UL. You hit a perfect stroke and suddenly you see your ball going wherever and you will be short of the hole like 4-5 yds. That's extremely irritating. Or another thing...

Yesterday was playing Erin RG. On the 3 hole had a 15-17 5 o'clock wind. Was about 189yds from the hole. I know this whole plays a little longer so i opted for a 3 iron at about 222 with full bs. Was a hair early. Game landed at 177. I had double and triple checked my club. When you play a 1000 cr RG, you are careful with these things. This shot has no sense at all and goes over the normal VEM routine.

I believe such things should be looked upon for making the game better.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 10:02 AM

Wgt calls it VEM, but what they really mean is "ATM!"

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 10:17 AM

solution for ALL whiney complaints in this thread:

DON'T PLAY THE GAME

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 12:04 PM

Yiannis1970:
    On the 3 hole had a 15-17 5 o'clock wind. Was about 189yds from the hole. I know this whole plays a little longer so i opted for a 3 iron at about 222 with full bs. Was a hair early. Game landed at 177.

That was totally appropriate. Full back spin is going to exaggerate errors and you made one by choking the shot AND missing the ding. Combined with that full back spin you caught a maximum deviation. "About" and "hair early" indicate you did both. 

A 4 iron into that wind with full back spin and a full swing is going to come up short as that wind will knock it down. Choking the 3 iron does the same thing. Missing the ding opens the door to any result within the circles of deviation and accuracy.

RSS