Help › Forums

WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • ReisR
    341 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:39 PM

Wutpa:

Speak for yourself.

I don't want to play this game (or any other golf game) on my phone or tablet. I don't want to buy a console or a game or download software. I want to play this on my PC or laptop, as is. So at least this one somebody cares where the game runs.

As I have said you have not been paying attention to the options you have on the market.

They do run on a PC. The only difference is that they don't use a browser.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 6:09 PM

MarkC28:

Okay. So my clubs are responsible for a 20 mph wind affecting some shots a lot, and other not at all? It must be the putter when putts don't break when the white dots are clearly moving fast from right to left? Thanks for your input Sir. One more thing, I would loveeee to buy new irons but it seems WGT does not like to cough up credits after I spend an hour completing surveys, Guess that is the clubs fault too?

Of course it's your very low precision clubs that are the issue. All new players have that issue.

What I would do is make SMALL incremental upgrades to the clubs and not to the balls at all. At least not yet. You are about to make pro. Once you do, get the 200 credit WGT pro driver. It will give you a distance boost you will need. Also, get the pro iron set. A little more precision and a bit more distance. Then once you save up a couple hundred credits, buy some cheap ping wedges. That should be enough to get you well on your way to tour pro, maybe even Master. once you reach master, then start upgrading the golf ball

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 6:23 PM

MarkC28:

Okay. So my clubs are responsible for a 20 mph wind affecting some shots a lot, and other not at all?

Correct

It must be the putter when putts don't break when the white dots are clearly moving fast from right to left? Thanks for your input Sir.

NO, that's you! Takes a lot more than a week to learn to learn how to putt!

I would loveeee to buy new irons but it seems WGT does not like to cough up credits after I spend an hour completing surveys, Guess that is the clubs fault too?

NO, that too is your fault, there is a art to taking surveys, which ones to ignore, which to take the 5 credits and go on, what answers to give,,,I get around 300-600 a day on average in about an hour while watching a game on TV

edit: 6/2/16...just got 805 credits in 1 hr 10 minutes

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 7:09 PM

MarkC28:
    One more thing, I would loveeee to buy new irons but it seems WGT does not like to cough up credits after I spend an hour completing surveys, Guess that is the clubs fault too?

Well, I don't know what to tell you on that matter. All I know is that over the last three months, I've average almost 1,400 credits per week completing surveys and watching some videos. And I do all of that in my down time. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2016 5:23 AM

ReisR:

As I have said you have not been paying attention to the options you have on the market.

They do run on a PC. The only difference is that they don't use a browser.

I have and you obviously don't appreciate the difference. Every other option either requires a download and installation or a pricey game platform. You then get to play them on the computer you used and only that computer. 

With this game you can go anywhere in the world, find a PC and play the exact same game. No download, no fees, your exact same profile, stats and equipment in place for you to access. That's pretty powerful and you can't say that about any other golf game out there.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:22 AM

ReisR:
    Nobody cares where the game runs. We all want the best gameplay experience. that's what counts.

I disagree.

A couple of years ago, my kids bought me a golf game for the Wii. The course is Augusta National, and the graphics are terrific (IMO). It's really fun to play the course. But it's inconvenient for me to play it. So I played it for a few times and haven't played it since. But since I became aware of WGT, I've played it every day.

My point is that platform can make a big difference. And I doubt I'm alone with that opinion.  

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:23 AM

YankeeJim:
    With this game you can go anywhere in the world, find a PC and play the exact same game. No download, no fees, your exact same profile, stats and equipment in place for you to access. That's pretty powerful and you can't say that about any other golf game out there.

+1 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:42 AM

texastwoputt:
    I have been playing wgt since 2008 and it has become a joke

No it has not.

texastwoputt:
      It is inconsistent in both yardages and wind effect. 

No it is not.

texastwoputt:
    You can play the exact same shot twice with identical conditions and get widely different results.

So, it's a bit like golf then.

texastwoputt:
    Many long time players feel the same.

How many?

texastwoputt:
    If there was any competition for your inconsistent piece of trash, you woud lose ALL your current players

There is, and they haven't.

texastwoputt:
    Get a clue and fix this game that once was a very fun, exciting and chllenging game.

The game is running well and still is fun, exciting and challenging.

Apart from the points above that was a great post Tex2.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2016 6:50 AM

MarkC28:
    So my clubs are responsible for a 20 mph wind affecting some shots a lot, and other not at all?

Trees.

• wordswell
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 12:24 PM

i agree. it is very inconsistent. clubs play differently on different holes. for example, balls in the rough can be hit different distances depending on the hole. sometimes the rough affects distances, sometimes it does not, depends on the hole. same goes with winds and putting. 

pretty much a crap shoot. generally, the ball hits accurately, but for finely attuned accuracy required for hitting around the greens and hole (i.e. chipping and putting) it is brutally inconsistent.

then again, it is a free game (feel sorry for those who purchase game items here).

RSS