Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 1:27 PM

It's true there are many alternative golf games out there for all playing platforms. Many WGT players thought they had found the Perfect game a year or more back and I remember much crowing in advance of that game launching it's beta...players were going to be leaving in droves, WGT finally had some competition and were deservedly going to get their butt kicked, see ya later suckers....that kind of commentary.

Well that didn't work out so well did it? 

As far as I'm concerned there is no other golf game out there that even remotely compares to this one with its beautiful graphics and gameplay. It is not without its faults and issues (as we know) and no game ever will be but it's just about as perfect for me as any golf game is likely to be I think. It is not necessarily like the real game but it surely is similar to the real game as we view it on TV broadcasts and that's just the way I like it. I don't want a camera that follows just behind the ball as it flies through the air and then bounces a couple of times when it lands, or an exploding starburst when I ding a shot thank you very much. This is a very complex and finely tuned game that is kept admirably simple in presentation  for sub-Einstein's like me, and long may it continue.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 1:58 PM

I downloaded that 'WinningPutt' game the other day, just out of idle curiosity.

Couldn't make any sense out of it, asking me for email and other stuff, and couldn't find a way just to play, so deleted it after 10 minutes.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 2:03 PM

Quality and over all game play I would rate 90%...Better than anything out there.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 3:55 PM

JFidanza:

texastwoputt:

Many long time players feel the same.  If there was any competition for your inconsistent piece of trash

but I'm also playing 2 or more types of golf games possible on my laptop.

A member of our club, plays one of the other games and he loves it, he does loads of our club tables etc etc (thank god lol), but he has stopped playing WGT as prefers the other. My laptop wont handle it unfortunately or i would be giving it a go.

• ReisR
    341 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 4:34 PM

Wutpa:

As far as I'm concerned there is no other golf game out there that even remotely compares to this one with its beautiful graphics and gameplay.

If you really thing that, you have not been paying attention to the competition.

As I have posted somewhere else in this forum, WGT is an ok game, because it allows you to play in a low powered computer, and for free. And it is true that the ball flight physics are quite good.

In terms of graphics, it is nice to have real photos, even if they are highly compressed and have poor quality. But how they do compare to the other golf games on the market? The answer is: they lag far behind. Today, the competition offers excellent graphics, animated objects, stunning camera views and great control over all expects of the game. They are overall far better. And there is no surprise there, as You do need to splash a few bob to have a machine capable of running those games.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 4:43 PM

ReisR:
    If you really thing that, you have not been paying attention to the competition.

There is no competition in browser golf. 

• ReisR
    341 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 4:48 PM

YankeeJim:

There is no competition in browser golf. 

That's like saying that a car is good because it has doors.

Nobody cares where the game runs. We all want the best gameplay experience. that's what counts.

• MarkC28
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:08 PM

Okay. So my clubs are responsible for a 20 mph wind affecting some shots a lot, and other not at all? It must be the putter when putts don't break when the white dots are clearly moving fast from right to left? Thanks for your input Sir. One more thing, I would loveeee to buy new irons but it seems WGT does not like to cough up credits after I spend an hour completing surveys, Guess that is the clubs fault too?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:24 PM

ReisR:
    Nobody cares where the game runs. We all want the best gameplay experience. that's what counts.

Speak for yourself.

I don't want to play this game (or any other golf game) on my phone or tablet. I don't want to buy a console or a game or download software. I want to play this on my PC or laptop, as is. So at least this one somebody cares where the game runs.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 5:34 PM

I used to play this game to the point of total addiction. I have not played forever but I will say that with enough practice and patience you can become pretty good at it. Most times I played I was 3 sheets in the wind but still able to win against many very good players. I had figured out how to hit, when to hit and how hard to it. Pretty much like real golf for the most part.

RSS