Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 10:44 AM

MarkC28:

Some times the club does not come any where near the distance it should be hitting, even when the meter says excellent. This game is a joke. 

You do realize that the starter clubs have a precision rating of something like 0.5, yes? That could possibly explain some of the variance that you're experiencing. 

• narsole
    15 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 11:21 AM

Exactly! Golf is like women, both will drive you crazy but that's part of why we love both. 

However meter lag is a b**ch!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 11:26 AM

MarkC28:

I have been playing this game for one week.

WHAT, and you haven't mastered it yet!

I typed Inconsistent in the forum search.

No need, just look at the faq section 1st, you will find everything you need until a month or so from today

Some putts do not break as they should. Wind takes some shots and not others. Some times the club does not come any where near the distance it should be hitting, even when the meter says excellent. This game is a joke.

Then run away while you can because you "ain't seen nothing yet"

LMAO

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 11:50 AM

There are threads somewhere showing folks playing identical shots in virtually identical conditions and shots vary. The reason is the precision on your clubs. Higher precision gives you a smaller target area where your ball may/will land, but will still vary with top clubs.

But starters, well good luck if you expect the ball to land in same place all the time.

Thats one thing that makes this a good game.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 11:59 AM

MarkC28:

I have been playing this game for one week. I typed Inconsistent in the forum search. Some putts do not break as they should. Wind takes some shots and not others. Some times the club does not come any where near the distance it should be hitting, even when the meter says excellent. This game is a joke. But where else to play golf online?

If you ever watch a real golf tournament the you would see that this game for the most part replicates it exactly as far as golf goes . It incorporates all of the variables of golf in full detail . In the real game of golf you will experience these variables :

Player hits a good shot and gets the results of a good shot .

Player hits a bad shot and gets the results of a bad shot .

Player hits what looks to be a good shot and gets the results of a bad shot .

Player hits what looks to be a bad shot and gets the results of a good shot . This situation is what is commonly referred to as a " lucky shot " or a break .

Also in the real game of golf all yardages arent true . Nobody is ever really spot on with each and every shot . The wind also doesnt affect each and every shot as well .

When putting all putts dont read true some are false reads due to the way the grass was cut and also according to the grain of the greens . Some putts will fall others will go long . Some will come up short as well .

So this game is far more consistent than you want to give it credit for . If you have ever played the real game then you know it took you longer than a week just to hit the ball . This game is no different it will take you longer than a week to truly learn how to play it . I`ve been playing here now for 5 years and I`m still learning at times

.There`s a thread titled "Advice for New Players" it has a lot of great information to help you out and teach you about the game .

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 12:11 PM

WGT also makes every step of the way more challenging with more variation as you climb up the ranks.  I must agree with the OP slightly though on wind affect plus or minus, especially since my tier up to Champion tier.  It's a classic to see in an A/S game where the first player says, " what happened to the wind" only to have the next person hitting a shot get double, hence a multitude of texts in the Chatbox, " You must of gotten all my wind"

You can either moan and groan like I do sometimes, and I still come back to the game.  Or you search the web and try another of the less realistic golf simulations out there.

Alosso's right in his comparison to no two shots behaving EXACTLY the same in real life, and I guess in the attempt to make the game as realistic as possible, you must deal with the variations.  Just remember, the game is set up to get harder as you progress, not easier.

Shoot low and keep the faith--- Ed

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 12:15 PM

MarkC28:

I have been playing this game for one week. I typed Inconsistent in the forum search. Some putts do not break as they should. Wind takes some shots and not others. Some times the club does not come any where near the distance it should be hitting, even when the meter says excellent. This game is a joke. But where else to play golf online?

wow a player for less than a month knows all the faults of wgt  get him on wgt payroll please

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 12:42 PM

adaputter:

MarkC28:

wow a player for less than a month knows all the faults of wgt...get him on wgt payroll, please

Given wgt's history, knowing about problems and actually fixing them are two different things.

It's interesting how so many "new" players seem to be aware of the numerous glitches, as well as their way around this site. When I was on here a week, I didn't even know this forum existed...let alone how to post or start a thread. 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 12:58 PM

texastwoputt:

Many long time players feel the same.  If there was any competition for your inconsistent piece of trash

There are all sorts of new (and older) golf games available.

Are they like WGT w/ the (bug ridden) flash & browser set up? Not necessarily, many are PC or xbox/playstation etc. kind and many long time and/or great WGT players have switch over.

People who think this is the only game in town may be the kind who are: living under a rock, scared to advance to the other newer programs or just having their fun playing this one.

I like WGT because of my system limitations and convenience but I'm also playing 2 or more types of golf games possible on my laptop.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 1:18 PM

MainzMan:
    Anyone who plays golf in real life will tell you the chances of hitting a ball, dropping another in the same spot and playing exactly the same shot are almost zero.

Not even Iron Byron which is the machine used by many golf companies to test their equipment can hit every shot identically.

RSS