Forums

Help › Forums

New Cleveland Wedges

Sat, Feb 28 2015 9:36 AM (23 replies)
  • Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:47 AM

Well, I kept my CG16 for a long time (I think around 2 years?!). The best, imo. Just new Cleveland with slower meter could convince me to buy new ones. I did and my 1st impression is quite positive. Same wedges with slower meter. Now I've driver, 3w and wedges with the same meter speed and I think my game will improve. Byeee

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:51 AM

That setup with same meter speed from Driver through 64° is the reason I just completed the set of ATV's in the last week or so.  FKFKFK  Had I just waited a bit longer I'd have some cr's to at least get 2 of them.   :(

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:40 PM

Slower meter AND an extra half dot of forgiveness compared to the old Clevelands? They were already ridiculously good and now they're just crazy.

But 1600 credits each will put them out of reach for many people who watch videos for credits.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:49 PM

silly silly boy, how impetuous of you

Why don't u wait for Uncle John to advise ya.

Wonker

I saw it coming a mile off, even before ur thread about different yardage / different speed wedges.

Don't forget, I predicted the Level 100 driver months before it arrived.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:21 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    silly silly boy, how impetuous of you

LOL  I know, I know.   Sensed it coming but once I made up my mind that I wanted the matching meter speed, I couldn't make myself wait.   But at the prices of the new wedges, I think I may have switched to ATV's anyway.  ( Hush, let me believe that)  ;-)

If I sell back the old 80 and 100 yard CG's, and the 50 yard ATV, I'll only need to accquire about 700 credits to get the new Cleveland 64° wedge.  The 60 yarder with the magical 17 yard pitch shot is what I miss the most with the ATV's.  

I think I can work the 75 and 100 yard ATV's enough to go without the 80 yard wedge. But will take some luck at the free credits arena, not too mention a lot of patience that I don't quite have atm due to my recent "wonkeritis" lol.

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 9:51 AM

I went ahead and got the 56º, 60º, and 64º degree model. My putting is so bad that I don't have high expectations for them, but with a better meter and more forgiveness than the old CG16s, I think I'm going to like these new 588s.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 12:54 PM

Sooooo,  even with the ridiculously high price, I was on the hunt for Cleveland yardage gaps with ATV meters and even though I bought the ATV's just before these came out I still ended up getting the 60 yard Cleveland for the 1595 credits.

The 100 yard ATV had the meter speed i wanted anyway so that's a keeper, and after selling the old CG's I had and the 50 atv,  it only took me better part of the day at work to work the vids and surveys to get the cr's needed for the new 64°.  

It hurt, yes, but to have the meter speed I wanted and to know I have the 17yd pitch shot again,  I am ok with it.  lol

Guess they came just in time, during the slow time at work.  :)  

Unfortunately now I have a wedge set with odd gaps, but between punches and full shots, I'm certain that it won't be too much of an issue.

I'm weak, I know.  <facepalm>  GAS is a mofo. LOL

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:25 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but having extra forgiveness means that missing the ding by a pixel or two does not have so much effect on the shot than it otherwise would with a lesser club.

If that is so, then I'll stick wiv wot I've got, because missing the ding on shots less than 100 yards really only means a 10 foot putt rather than a 3 foot putt.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:38 PM

For me it was all about matching meter speeds.  .5 in forgiveness was just a slight bonus, but having the yardage that I'm more comfortable with.  Worth the extra effort in earning free cr's.

If I look at it in comparison to the ATV's and not over the original CG's,  then I gained more precision and spin as when focusing on my matching meter speed itch that needed to be scratched lol.  Well, for the 64° anyways.  Will it make any difference, who knows, but I'll tell myself it did just to sleep at night.  ;-) 

• Catesharkette2
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:44 PM

I have all three new cleavlands all im gonna say is WOW WOW WOW 10 times betre and if u can use them u will be on the stick evry time love them cate big improvement to the old ones

RSS