Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Flight

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 23 2015 1:06 AM (6 replies)
  • bingohandjob1
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 7:32 AM

I just played with LIZAC, a 'Legend'. Her ball flight was long and high and also long in the air. I thought it was just her driver, but it was her irons too. 

Does anyone have any tips how to achieve this?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 12:15 PM
    You need better clubs. It's the only way
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 12:58 PM

Reflections - by the Stroke Daddy:

1)  Why hasn't WGT deleted an account with the word "handjob" in it?

2)  Why didn't "handjob" just ask her in one of those posts he made to her wall?  Odds are they were flaming or derogatory, because she already deleted them.

3)  What is a legend doing playing a tour pro (unless they know each other)?

Okay, that's enough serious reflection.  Let's lighten the mood.

I have spoken.  Have a good night.

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 1:21 PM

Yowza!!

• bingohandjob1
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 2:34 PM

Thank you for your intelligent response to my legitimate question regarding golf on WGT. Unfortunately I found your reply of no help whatsoever.

To answer the points you make:

1. 'Bingohandjob' was the name considered by Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, and Michael Stipe, before they settled on the name R.E.M., one of your most successful rock bands. If this offends you, feel free to report it 'Stroke Daddy' (are you provocatively suggesting that I stroke my father....?). And as to posting a photo of a woman's chest, should I also report this to WGT?

2. I did ask about the ball flight (my comment was inexplicably deleted), and I also asked why she (or he?) disconnected the game, as I considered it poor etiquette and rude (it seems a lot of players 'disconnect' don't they?), and this comment was also deleted. 

3. It was an invite which was accepted. Perhaps you should ask the other player why.

If only members could restrict themselves to playing the game politely and fairly, and reply to forum questions in the same manner, WGT would be a better place for us all.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 3:52 PM

MichaelStroke:
    Let's lighten the mood.

Vincenz Czerny would be pleased to see how far we've come.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 9:29 PM

Buy the best clubs, balls you can afford, then learn how to adjust the top/bottom spin correctly in any given wind, elevation situation.

You must also not miss the ding by more than the width of the ding line.

In general any wind facing you you should apply some top spin, on any other situation, even a 90 degree side wind, you should apply bottom spin. 

As to your play name.  Anyone can call themselves anything they want, BUT, if it offends people be prepared to defend it each and every time.  Just because someone else considered to be called that and then RECONSIDERED, and chose not to do it, says that you did not take their decision into account before you chose to  label yourself in such a demeaning manner.  MY NICKLE.

ps:  I would bet that its an age/maturity problem.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 9:51 PM

bingohandjob1:

I just played with LIZAC, a 'Legend'. Her ball flight was long and high and also long in the air. I thought it was just her driver, but it was her irons too. 

Does anyone have any tips how to achieve this?

The key is in the loft of your clubs. You have Med/High lofted clubs and they have a flatter trajectory with more roll after landing. Wind tends to affect them less than High lofted clubs but you have trouble stopping them on the greens. High lofted clubs drop softer with less roll after landing.

The G25s are a high lofted club and would serve you well for a very long time. Those with some decent wedges will help your game a lot.

• bingohandjob1
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2015 1:06 AM

Many thanks,

• bingohandjob1
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2015 1:07 AM

Thanks.

RSS