Help › Forums

Can I still buy the Ping G20's?? Yes G20's

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 31 2015 12:41 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 7:15 PM

Only cuz I recently got them in real life for the upcoming season.  Figured it was time for more helping irons.  Would be cool to play them here on occasion as well.   :)

Question I ask about the G20's and not the G25's is because they are still shown on the iron sets page in the proshop. 

http://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-clubs/irons/#c_1_12_Irons_All_None

Btw,  in the picture above, the Ping is a green dot, which just so happens to be what I have.  Of course I'll be hitting yellow Callaways,  I know someone would be wondering that.  hehehe

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 8:01 AM

Faggetaboutit H! 

Ya want some G20s then go see Al he runs dat little snack shop   in da middle of #s 5 an 6 at the Bethpage out on Long Island.  Any clubs ya want, cheap.  Don't ask how he got 'em.

And if he asks who sent ya, tell him Lou.  Capisce?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 8:43 AM

LOL Andy!

I just thought it was funny that they added the Nike Vapor Iron to that image but left the older G20 iron in place. 

I'd buy the G20's though if they offered them to me.  They still have them somewhere I'm sure.  The graphics are still out there for those who still play them.  I'm sure they'd want my money for them. ;-)

Perhaps WGT can start a preowned proshop.  lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 9:11 AM

hpurey:
    the Ping is a green dot, which just so happens to be what I have.

Isn't the green dot 2 degrees upright ? Are you tall or just have short arms ? Tony Montana uses the orange dot...he is short with long arms

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 10:08 AM

SweetiePie:
    Are you tall or just have short arms ?

going by Pings color chart thingy.  I fall within the greed green dot zone.  I'm between 5'11" and 6' just depends on how long I go without using my inversion table for back issues lol.

Wrist to floor 36 inches give or take 1/4 inch.  Never thought about my arms if they were long or short.  lol

PING Iron Color Code Chart

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 8:49 AM

hpurey:

G20's advertised in that picture.  Can I  buy them then?   Just for gits and shiggles.  ;-)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 9:12 AM

hpurey:
    I fall within the greed dot zone.

OIC!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2015 11:40 AM

alosso:

hpurey:
    I fall within the greed dot zone.

OIC!

LOL  oops.  

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2015 3:37 AM

Perhaps they are waiting until the G30's come out before they change the picture.

I contacted WGT and they told me no I cannot still buy them, but thanks for pointing out that the G20's are still shown in that image.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2015 3:55 AM

hpurey:
    Wrist to floor 36 inches give or take 1/4 inch.  Never thought about my arms if they were long or short.  lol

Just for the average type player an interesting little thing that is almost always on the nose:

Stand upright next to a bloke (within some reason) a different height, and dangle arms beside each other.  You will observe almost no difference in finger tip distance to floor.  I am 6' 1", and works next to a mate 5' 7" although I think I might an ape anyway, LOL.  

Loads of views on all this but just IMHO I prefer to go with what feels right, and don't go nuts on those charts.

• PAGES
RSS