Forums

Help › Forums

I did an experiment

Wed, Feb 4 2015 8:50 AM (7 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:08 PM

I loaded some less expensive balls, started a 9 hole round. I used every club that WGT picked and aimed the shot where their marker said to shoot. I made it through 4 holes with 3 lost balls, 3 double bogeys and had a damn hoot. I hope any newbie reads all the tutorials from players and ask a lot of questions before they start investing in their progression here. I just had to see what would happen, what an eye opener.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:58 PM

It gets strange for sure inside 35 yds - all those ridiculous "pitch & chip" proposals. As a newbie, I struggled a lot before I discovered the "change shot" option. Alas, I don't see this to cause lost balls.

There are some strange directions given, (e.g. RSG #14) where some shorter shots may be advisable - still no lost balls in sight.

Pleas tell me: How did these occur?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:47 PM

Aim arrow set way right, have a 10-12 mph left to right, I hit where WGT says to hit it is oob. Have a 6 ft putt, WGT picks the 60 foot meter, ball runs way off and oob. I said I hit every shot exactly where they placed the aim arrow. Was just messing around. It means nothing at all except don't listen to what the caddie says, use your head and play for yourself. I am not trying to make any statement here, I did this for $hits and grins.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 9:17 PM

renniw52:
    Aim arrow set way right, have a 10-12 mph left to right, I hit where WGT says to hit it is oob.

O well - you're right.

renniw52:
    Have a 6 ft putt, WGT picks the 60 foot meter, ball runs way off and oob.

Ouch!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 11:45 PM

LMAO!

Rich. I'm gonna start calling you Professor OOB. 

Thank god you weren't one of my chem profs in college...lmao !!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 4:20 AM

It was a hoot, used old WGT balls that were in my bag since 2010. I don't believe that WGT placed these arrows for the type of clubs I am using. I really did Laugh my A$$ off. Give it a try sometime, great way to clean out old balls you don't use anymore.Don't move the arrow and try to hit the ding, hitting before or after the ding is cheating (LOL).

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 2:08 AM

Good argument for removing the caddie, which I believe was promised not too long ago.

Fat chance of that fukking happening

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 8:50 AM

renniw52:
    I did this for $hits and grins.

I've done this before, and I too found it a hoot.  Only, I adjusted aim, but hit whatever shot/club the caddy handed me. lol

Sometimes your caddy doesn't like when you don't accept what they give you...

RSS