862 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:04 PM

i have to say thumbs up wgt like the add of green speeds very much

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:33 AM

papadeaux:

Personally I find the unrealsitic green speeds a joke, but respect many players have enjoyed the wacky tournaments put on by DB. But then again I find UEL so exaggerated it borders on being a joke.

But rather a mixed message by WGT, on one hand they want to make playing from rough more realistic, on the other they have introduced totally unrealistic green speeds.

For me, it is just a pity all the existing issues are not fixed before introducing new bugs.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:55 AM

remember the 1973 belmont stakes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SECRETARIAT     was ultra fast,

as a greenkeeper by profession, i recommend it is unhealthy to stress turf to that level,

ridiculous.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 1:58 AM

alanti:

papadeaux:

Personally I find the unrealsitic green speeds a joke, but respect many players have enjoyed the wacky tournaments put on by DB. But then again I find UEL so exaggerated it borders on being a joke.

But rather a mixed message by WGT, on one hand they want to make playing from rough more realistic, on the other they have introduced totally unrealistic green speeds.

For me, it is just a pity all the existing issues are not fixed before introducing new bugs.

Bump

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:05 AM

Very fast is stimp 10, "TM Tourney" is 11.

LOLserver:
    I'm afraid this 40 speed will not be used often in CC tournaments, unless is played at Beth, St. Andrews or Kia, I believe Congress will be also nasty.

Not good to cut the average, but perhaps quite very funny in Par3 or Par5 (red tees) or Putting CTTH (if possible).

Replay ;)

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:36 AM

Nice replay alosso : )

Just posted this in our CC forum after an insane but very "popular" member made a 18 holes UEL with Ultra Fast tournament at Best of Par 4 course...!!!

However, playing that 20 - 40 stimp speed on courses where greens are not so steep would be enjoyable for the most.

The new rough shot has almost no backspin and on those greens could be lethal and a big hazard for the fun.

Thinking positively, the new rough & super fast greens will make us "better" at chipping or pitching and even on planning the approach shot.

Eric

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:08 AM

Putting in mud and stmp 20+..................interest in that looney tunes stuff will be 3 holes here, but I look for a realistic golf sim only granted......Others like it fine, but something that extreme only ever exists here...well I don't get it.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:02 AM

alanti:

papadeaux:

Personally I find the unrealistic green speeds a joke, but respect many players have enjoyed the wacky tournaments put on by DB. But then again I find UEL so exaggerated it borders on being a joke.

+++++++++ 1 Could not have said it better myself. Actually, Al's view is stated much , MUCH nicer than the way I would have stated it,,lol.

• sesky
    3,291 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:11 AM

Now that WGT has gotten fantasyland out of their system with these new green speeds, I would hope they go back and spend more time on the realistic version of the game. I guess next will be the windmills and putting the ball into the clown nose for a free game. I agree, fix what you have first (i.e. meter problems, constant reloads, etc.)

• johnrg
    215 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 4:21 AM

sesky:

Now that WGT has gotten fantasyland out of their system with these new green speeds, I would hope they go back and spend more time on the realistic version of the game. I guess next will be the windmills and putting the ball into the clown nose for a free game. I agree, fix what you have first (i.e. meter problems, constant reloads, etc.)

Totally agree, new speeds are ridiculous

Unfortunately I'm hooked on the game otherwise this would be the last straw. Outstanding issues are driving me away.

RSS