Forums

Help › Forums

New green speeds

Wed, Apr 12 2017 2:32 PM (49 replies)
  • DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:34 AM

Regarding new green speeds,,,i took some time figuring out super fast and very slow....I use a calculator when  figuring  green speeds and depending on the speed of the green I either multiply or  divide the distance ,,example with Champ greens I always use .7 as a multiplier so a 20ft put I  multiply 20ft x .7 =14ft of power also taking in to account adjusting for any elevation changes........what I have found so far is that super fast greens you need to multiply the distance by .5 on shorter puts like 15ft or less but longer  putts  like 50ft or more I multiply by .45,,,seems to be pretty accurate....very slow greens I  divide  the distance by .65 and that seems pretty accurate,,,I haven't had a chance to play on the Extremely fast or extremely slow greens yet and if anybody who  uses  my  mathematical  methods to figure green speeds and have the extreme speeds slow and fast mapped already would you please post your findings here.....Thanks in advance....Dave

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 12:47 PM

...     ....    .....     ....    ......    .....   .......   ......   .....

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:07 PM

Since the new update i've played 2 rounds that stated very fast greens although i'm getting tournament 11 speed. Anyone else noticed/had this?

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:47 PM

Have tried the Super Fast speed at 20 stimp, I made myself a CC tournament using it & tomorrow the second round comes with the Ultra Fast speed, that I suppose will be 30 stimp.

As Championship is stimp 13, you can figure out the difference with the other two mentioned speeds.

Made the tournament using the front of Best par 4, Merion Hole 6 and Cabo hole 18 are very tough because they are very steep.

Me loving "hardcore" stuff..yes, but perhaps many players will find the 20 & 30 stimp way to much putting on very steep greens, surely at Merion, Olympic, Oakmond, Cabo, Whistler & now Bandon.

I guess by trying the different speeds it does not take to long to learn & find the new parameters either in the approach & short game, but mainly with the putter. Yup difficult but not impossible to play them.

I guess the main curve to learn is the down hill putts at any distance.

Good luck : )

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:50 PM

DAZZA501:

Since the new update i've played 2 rounds that stated very fast greens although i'm getting tournament 11 speed. Anyone else noticed/had this?

Hey Daren,

You need to create a tournament using the "advance" parameters and select the Super Fast or Ultra Fast speed.

Eric

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:53 PM

LOLserver:

DAZZA501:

Hey Daren,

You need to create a tournament using the "advance" parameters and select the Super Fast or Ultra Fast speed.

Eric

Yes i know Eric. I was talking about 2 RG's i just played. Both said very fast greens but i had tournament 11 instead.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:57 PM

LOLserver:
    tomorrow the second round comes with the Ultra Fast speed, that I suppose will be 30 stimp.

Ultra fast is 40 stimp, or at least it was in the CC tourney i just played

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 2:55 PM

mbcarp99:

LOLserver:
    tomorrow the second round comes with the Ultra Fast speed, that I suppose will be 30 stimp.

Ultra fast is 40 stimp, or at least it was in the CC tourney i just played

Yikes 40!......loving it!!

I'm afraid this 40 speed will not be used often in CC tournaments, unless is played at Beth, St. Andrews or Kia, I believe Congress will be also nasty.

However.........a new thing to keeps me going here in WGT.

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:51 PM

DAZZA501:

LOLserver:

DAZZA501:

Hey Daren,

Eric

Yes i know Eric. I was talking about 2 RG's i just played. Both said very fast greens but i had tournament 11 instead.

I think you got it wrong Darren : ), Very Fast is not Super Fast and indeed Very Fast is 11 stimp. 

Cheers m8, Eric

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:57 PM

sod the maths

On Oakmont #8 ultra slow green, I had 34 feet and 5 up, so I hit 84 feet slightly left and in it went

proff is here

RSS