Forums

Help › Forums

Inigo's 1,000 round giveaway

Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:01 PM (62 replies)
  • BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:22 AM

I'm closing in on my 1,000th career ranked round here all up on the WGT.  I don't quite have the hardware or the knowhow for live Twitch streaming, but I do intend to record with HyperCam and upload the round to my YouTube.  

After the round has been completed, four lucky winners will be gifted one sleeve of Callaway Hex level 33.  Please note that this offer is non negotiable!!!!!!  If you do not use this particular ball you may 'pay it forward' to someone in your foursome or a member of your country club, but I will not be buying you your favorite $700 Nikes.  This is not the thread for that. In order to win the sleeve, you will be submitting your predictions for select statistical categories prior to tee off.  I will announce these categories once the course has been chosen.

That is where you, the WGT community, come in.  You are going to vote for the course where my 1,000th round will take place.  I don't want to  embarrass  myself too much, so more than likely this will be a low wind country club tourney.  I will use default tee boxes and green speeds for my tier, however.  Before voting please keep in mind the following:

1. ABSOLUTELY NO 'BEST OF' COURSES ALLOWED. I'm including Bandon Dunes in this category.
    2. ABSOLUTELY NO CLOSEST TO THE HOLE COURSES ALLOWED.

The first course to reach 5 votes will be our winner.  I will announce the prize categories once the course has been chosen.  Good Luck to all who enter, and thank you for voting.

EDIT: VOTING HAS ENDED!!!!!!!! GG to our runner up Oakmont, but St. Andrews is the winner. Prize categories coming soon.

EDIT part deux: Prize categories have now been chosen. Remember, you must submit your guesses before I start the round. I will announce a deadline for guesses and anticipated tee time once were are closer to the event. Before entering the contest, please consider the following:
    1. The course: St. Andrews the Old Course. Even lies, Low wind, Tournament greens, White tee box, Hard pin placements.
    2. I have both putter and shot pal, and intend to use them both. I can't say they have dramatically improved my game these past few months, but never the less they will be there.
    3. I really struggle with the putter. Anything outside of 2 or 3 feet, and I'm struggling to find the correct line I'm afraid.
    4. I never attempted to 'map' my balls. Approach shots could be 20 ft short, 20 feet long, or anywhere inbetween.
    5. My bag will equip the following: Taylor Made SLDR driver (level 89), Ping G20 3wood (level 81), Taylor Made R11 irons (level 90), Cleveland wedges 56, 60, and 64 degrees (level 76,78,80), Odessy Versa #1 putter (level 70), Srixon Z-star (level 11) balls, vintage Tartan Green plus fours avatar, default male 2.
    And now, the prizes, for one sleeve of level 33 Callaway Hex each:

Chicks dig the Long Ball: Guess the longest drive (inflight carry plus rollout) to the nearest yard without going over.

Tin Cup: Guess the total distance of made putts to the nearest foot without going over.

Anyone for Darts: Guess the average distance to the pin to the nearest tenth of a foot without going over.

Stuart Scott Memorial "Call him Butter, 'cause he's on a Roll": Guess the distance of the longest putt made to the nearest tenth of a foot without going over.

Since there can be only one winner per category, duplicate guesses will not be allowed. Good Luck.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:36 AM

Oakmont back 9 or 18 (I don't know how many you're going to play).

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 2:24 PM
    Olympic
    you know you love it : )
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 2:31 PM

Bethpage, Front 9 more than anything else!

• rollone
    769 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:10 PM

merion 

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:15 PM

Whistler B9

• DAputts
    1,772 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:00 PM

St. Andrews B 9 ...What better way than to walk across the bridge headed towards the green

• milwsteve
    89 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:02 PM

St. Andrews front nine.

• Divot1971
    52 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:23 PM

Oakmont

• plumbology
    1,104 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:26 PM

Oakmont