Help › Forums

Why is this so?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 28 2015 12:45 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 9:41 AM

Did this putt earlier and was scratching my head (swearing too...lol) wondering how did that miss as it was falling in and suddenly stopped.

Watched the replay and I think I've stumbled on the reason why it didn't drop. Watching View #2, it clearly shows the  Flagstick stopped the ball dropping in the hole.

Any thoughts?

-Roger

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 9:47 AM

Roger:

All I can say is wow, I feel a bit better about some of my putts that I thought were wtf's - lol. I paused that right at the end and no way it should even lipout if the ball kept moving. 

That was definitely a  glitch  there and really unlucky. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 9:50 AM

Looks like that but the flag should not be there when putting on the green. I know that replayes always show the flag in the hole.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 9:57 AM

ZioMio:

Looks like that but the flag should not be there when putting on the green. I know that replayes always show the flag in the hole.

Yes, I know.  During the game when I made the putt,  The flag wasn't there as usual. Just seen the ball falling in hole and stopping dead.   As the replay showed, the flag stopped the ball going in...lol

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:45 AM

I've had that exact same thing happen twice, both were about a year ago.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:51 AM

hi

it happens once in a while. just a video glitch. the putt remained left of the cup and may have lipped it.

-wgticon

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:54 AM

Pretty obvious in the replay the ball was dropping in the hole then stopped,that just defy's any physics,,,damn WGT gophers can really mess up a nice putt when they reject anything trying to enter their domain.....

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:08 AM

+1 Dave

The ball drops slightly, then stops with a short sound. AFAIK, balls stopping on the green don't make sounds, and it's NOT a flagstick sound.

It's a pity that "distance from the hole is not shown in replays.

Nevertheless, it sounds like they messed something up again.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:13 AM

DaveStrock:
    damn WGT gophers can really mess up a nice putt when they reject anything trying to enter their domain

I think Wgt been watching too much 'Caddyshack' ...lol

I've seen replays people post on here and you basically can tell straight away..  hit too hard etc.

Not complaining, but I think this shows that on occasions the flagstick might still be there when putting,  which could be a gremlin in the system.

Just wondering if we should hide the flagstick when putting.     Or hammer the caddie for not pulling the pin....lol

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:23 AM

Same thing happened to me Roger on hole 17 at Merion with the front pin placement.

The ball was half way in the hole when it stopped. And I always pull the pin.

• PAGES
RSS