Help › Forums

What is the secret?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 25 2015 9:26 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:15 PM

What is the secret to scoring on Bandon Dunes?  I miss hit just a little my ball gets blown all over the place.  I'm talking with a very little miss hit.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:19 PM

Heath021:

What is the secret to scoring on Bandon Dunes?

It's no secret - hit your tee shot close to or into the hole.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:46 PM

As always, make sure you don't miss the ding on the wrong side (into the wind) Heath.. 

Don't let the low scores fool you, it's an incredibly hard course to play.. Don't get discouraged, keep grinding.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 4:09 PM

Sorry Heath, can't help you!

I haven't yet found the secret. I think I have it like you, and the more I play Bandon Dunes

the more I dislike it.    I really find the wind strange on that cource!

Agassi1991

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 4:41 PM

I'm open for correction, however in my view the aimer arrow is way off..way off, leaving nothing more than a wish/hope crap shoot....some shot results are so far off it is absurd.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts

I'm open for correction, however in my view the aimer arrow is way off..way off, leaving nothing more than a wish/hope crap shoot....some shot results are so far off it is absurd.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 4:55 PM

I know I've lost a lot of balls on the 3rd, over that little fence.. lol.. What makes it so extreme is the wind plus the elevation changes.. something you don't see anywhere else. 

I've had the wind/elevation dialed in a few times.. in the zone, if you will.  Problem is, you still have to make the putts once you get down.  44 seems to be my limit, sadly.  :(

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 5:42 PM

Heath021:
    What is the secret to scoring on Bandon Dunes?

If we told you it wouldn't be a secret, would it?

All kidding aside - I found by not playing Bandon, I'm much better off.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 6:28 PM

Heath021:

What is the secret to scoring on Bandon Dunes?  I miss hit just a little my ball gets blown all over the place.  I'm talking with a very little miss hit.

You actually have to learn the course instead of just throwing darts at the pins. I take the time to learn all new courses with the starter clubs. It helps a hell of a lot more than most people realize. GL

• PAGES
RSS