Forums

Help › Forums

Callaway or Nike Balls?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:27 AM (26 replies)
  • Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 9:09 AM

In the past 2 weeks, have noticed that the meter gets more erratic when I draw back and release quickly - and this problem has been mentioned in the Forum many, many times!

When I hold at the top of my swing for 2-4 seconds, the meter smooths out - just like the Forum said.

Hint - it still works - just hold for a few seconds before releasing (also lets you sharpen your focus on the meter and hit 'dings' more consistently).

It works, by the way, for all brands of golf balls.

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 4:49 AM

YankeeJim:
    The slow meter balls, IMO, have drawbacks besides nodding off waiting for them to get to the ding. Too much time for stuff to happen. :-)

I am in agreement with you Jim.  Thanks for your confirmation - very much appreciated!

-Scott

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:42 AM

Callaways are the best value ball on WGT....Nike's are best scoring ball imo!!That being said it's all about what you feel works best for you and your computer!

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:47 AM

Jresh0817:

Callaways are the best value ball on WGT....Nike's are best scoring ball imo!!That being said it's all about what you feel works best for you and your computer!

^^^^ this ... and how much your willing to pay ...

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 10:19 AM

Anyone having much luck with the playability of the Lvl 51 Volvic's?

-Scott

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 11:58 AM

ChronicDiarrhea:
    So, here's my question: Do other WGT players notice smoother meters with Callaways, Nikes, or Srixons?

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish in the game imho. For the price and performance I have played the Srixons a lot and tee to green they are great. The level 33 Cally is probably the best mid range ball for the price and putts way better than the Srixons and that is where the score is. Without a doubt you have a chance to score better with the top Nike ball. So If you are really trying to go low like playing in a Ready go or trying to qualify in the virtual open you need to play a Nike ball to have a chance. If you want to just score the best you can but not be able to keep up with the big guns the Cally is your ball.For just all around fun for the price its the Srixon.Seems to me it breaks down like this, you can hit greens with any good club/ ball combo after you learn the spin and wind ratios but the more the ball costs the more putts drop on average.

Les

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:36 PM

If I were playing the L97 irons that you have - I would learn the L33 Callys as those L97s would slow that ball down. For 1/2 to 1//3 the price of the higher end Nikes - it is an awesome ball. 

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:38 PM

And, a couple of us from our club really thought the Volvik's putted poorly. Really did some weird stuff around the hole - i.e. hitting mud and overall last second aversion to the hole as if they had opposing magnets coming together. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:53 PM

For only 50 credits more you can get the L35 Callys that offer a little more distance and a little less spin and the same durability and meter speed. And for me i found them a little easier to map out. and of only 25 credits more you can have them in yellow.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 2:04 PM

I would gladly play with a Cally if they offered one that fit my play -- they don't, not one ;-{

RSS