Forums

Help › Forums

Club Owner Troll !

Sat, Feb 4 2017 6:38 AM (33 replies)
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:10 AM

Its sad when another CC owner trolls another owners CC looking to take members from them by sending CC invites to the members in a CC already !!  One pathetic & lazy owner to stoop to that level and you know who you are WH !!

• SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:39 AM

I believe i made a post in one of your threads one day - thought better of it the next day went back an edited the post placing a .  - so sorry - wish only the Best for you in your CC and your recruitment drive an owner of a CC with one member who has never played as for me i didn't know any better when i spent the 50 credits to make it and i play everyday and dump some exp into it - working on the 3rd lvl - the Putter Pal is nice for lvl 2 - well have a Great Day i going back to playing the Worse Golf round today - lol

SK

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:49 AM

Thanks SK , I took no offense.

A tip for you is to keep posting here in CC forum that you are looking for members, it takes some time but you will get some members.

This post is about another owner sending invites to my club members to join his club which is poaching by a Lazy CC owner !

• jb6000
    1,231 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2015 10:41 AM

Happy New Year...

• apollo18
    140 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 4:24 PM

Yes, I would wholeheartedly agree with you on this point. Recently two of our members were approached from nowhere by the owner of another country club to join their club.

Why? I can only speculate that it was due to their love of the game and their high earning CC points that attracted the attentions of this person. The two members had never played this owner in a game, nor knew of his/her existance but just received an unsolicited friend and CC invite.

Now this owner is well known for this approach to membership. For I have seen numerous complaints from other owners about this person and country club. Yet nothing has been done. This owner carries on quite brazenly posting on people's walls requests on what I can determine is a quest for the gold putter.

I actually complained to WGT about the conduct of this person, giving evidence of how the approach worked. I don't think you will be surprised that WGT did not do anything about it. The only thing that they said was not to contact this person directly nor, and this is the thing that got me, post anything on the public forums. "You can warn your CC members against the action in your private CC forums but please do not go onto the public forums with this."

Censorship, is this not?

Today. the said club owner still carries on regardless. When I questioned WGT on it they said. they were unable to tell me what action had been taken. However, you only have to look at the CC owner's wall to determine that WGT have done nothing. Indeed this Captain posted yesterday on someone's wall, "but I don't do wall post's, cause The Wooden Tees CC, and other CC's are following me... cause they are lazy.   lol

Maybe we should all follow the example of this person in attracting new members to our club's and reduce the CC section of WGT to anarchy?  Am i surprised at the response from WGT? No, for at the end of the day, WGT only care for those activities which yield dollars to their pockets. This didn't.

Neil

Apollo18

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 4:53 PM

Is he breaking any WGT RULES or is it just an unwritten rule ?

• apollo18
    140 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 5:26 PM

Spin01,

To be honest, I don't know. In their reply to me, WGT apologised on behalf of this CC owner. They replied with "Once again we apologize for the behavior this player is showing.". Would this indicate that it is against the rules or just shows a lack of class by the owner?

One of our members who was approached was not happy about it. After all, this member had not even had any dealings with this person. He/She had not advertised that he/she was willing to move elsewhere. Whilst I accept the right of any member to join any club they wish, is it right that owners should troll through CCs' looking for the most valuable members? After all, this person did not solicit the average members. 

Let me ask you a question. Would you be happy if you, as an owner of a CC, saw your more "valuable" members being approached to leave by someone who they had no contact with? If indeed, as you suggest that this may be an unwritten rule, would you be happy if I sent an unsolicited approach to everyone of your CC members, asking if they would like to join our CC? If you share my view, the answer is no. However, if it is declared to be a free for all market place, with the inaction of WGT and the continued trawling by this CC owner, do I have the right to follow suit when trying to recruit members to our CC? As a newish member to the WGT community, I would appreciate comments on this matter. I would like to know what is regarded as being acceptable/unacceptable recruitment policy. 

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 3:08 AM

I think it's a personal choice. If your CC has what a player is looking for and said players are happy and making a contribution within then you shouldn't have to worry about their loyalty. This "CHERRYPICKER" will soon realise he/she may be going about recruiting the wrong way.

If on the other hand your CC has become a bit stagnant and a better option arises then why shouldn't they try their hand somewhere else.

Just so you know, i agree with you but devils advocate lurks on every corner.

• bigjoeman07
    1,534 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 5:03 AM

I suppose this depends on what your "most valuable" players do to be the most valuable.

If it is because they participate in the CC activities and add to the group, then that would suggest they are happy where they are and will simply decline any CC requests from other owners.

As owner i have no problem with other owners so called "poaching".

As most of us pay to play this game, then this in my opinion makes this a free market and people have the right to do as they please...within the RULES, and if this means inviting other players to join their CC when they are attached to another then i`m ok with that...I personally wouldnt as I prefer to spend my time PLAYING the game than looking through other folks CCs.

If your CC has an attractive calender and a decent group of members then you should have nothing to worry about.

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 10:50 AM

Golf is a gentleman's game. In my opinion, a true golfer and gentleman would not troll another member's club for members.

SPINO1:

Is he breaking any WGT RULES or is it just an unwritten rule ?

In my opinion yes he is. WGT's posting etiquette states the following:

"Harvest user names, addresses, or email addresses for any purpose."

He hasn't posted anywhere in the forum for months. He is "harvesting"  for players that meet his criteria.

Now a little about his sorry country club. In the information about his club and I quote:

"The Black Diamond Hills is a premier, All-American World Golf Tour Country Club for members level 72 and above and in the master tier or higher."

This club has at face count 250 members. Only sixty members have played this year and twenty haven't played in over 1 year. He keeps his membership artificially high to give the appearance of a good and active club, which it is not.

He has to constantly delete a member to add another. He makes invites without having any room. Here is a post from the owners wall, quoting again:

"14 Jan 2015 @ 7:28 PM "membership" dear sir. I've tried to joined. It keeps saying there is no more room. You must expand your membership. Thanks"

Besides the owner, there are 4 other directors. In a club of "250" members, one director has 44 friends, another has 7, and the other two have 89 and 97. In our club, most members are friends with each other, because we have a real country club, not some Golfville form of game.

bigjoeman07:

If your CC has an attractive calender and a decent group of members then you should have nothing to worry about.

We didn't lose any members to this poacher because our owner and friend Steven runs a great country club.

Thank you for letting me rant,

- Mark  (a proud member and admin of J4FCC)

RSS