Forums

Help › Forums

A Driving Range!!

Sun, Apr 12 2020 2:13 PM (21 replies)
  • tspot85
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 4:42 PM

Have you ever considered making a driving range? A big, straight, flat fairway would really help to get a feel for how different clubs hit. would be nice to sit there and take the same shot over and over with as few variables as possible.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 6:03 PM

Have you ever considered putting "driving range" in the search box -->>>>

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 9:26 PM

1st post but entering inf in the search is a good idea for future as often loads of useful stuff comes up.

Quickly though go to Beth 10, 11 and 12 and driving range them away all day (low cross wind).  

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 7:34 AM

oakmont has a few nice straight fairways with minimal wind, good for practice.

• tspot85
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:08 PM

the forum is called "product suggestions" i was making a suggestion. if you dont like my post why take the time to post your own useless comment? its just as bad as what you are trying,albeit poorly,  to prevent.

thanks to the other two who actually gave useful suggestions.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 5:40 PM

• pitchking1
    348 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2014 6:00 AM

In a DRIVING RANGE, there must be a possibility to test balls and clubs for free !! Without earning any credits or points.

If a player  likes the stuff, he will buy it, so ...... there is a win-win situation !!

Now you have to rent a club for testing  ..... and have a lot of disappointed players who rent (test) a club and lost credits. (see all the different searches on 'Driving range' ... )

Yes, you can practice on a course with the rented driver/club/putter, and use 'mulligan'.

On a driving range, there should be options to change the wind variables (front, side, back incl strength), uphill/downhill, ....and create t the same time 'practice greens', pitching/chipping greens, bunkers, .... .

If WGT wants return ..... let the player see first some 'sponsored' advertising.

It's easy to set up, and as I said, a win-win situation for both WGT and players !!

• tspot85
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2014 12:39 PM

This is exactly what Im talking about. I am 100% more likely to pay real money for something I can try for free first. Let me try the clubs so I can be impressed by how amazing they are and then I will be convinced its worth the money to actually buy them.

And then once Ive bought them I can spend some time getting to know how they hit by hitting them over and over in conditions that I choose. "How much more roll do I really get with top spin?" all of those kinds of questions could be answered much better when conditions can be controlled. This would make better players and definitely make more money for WGT.

Absolutely make me watch a 30 second commercial for every 50 balls i hit at the driving range. It pays for itself!

I realize now this was a repeat topic and as a member of a few other forums I promise I will use search in the future. I still dont like it when people take the time to post just to tell me about how useless my post was. Seems...redundant. And hey, maybe if we flood the forum with driving range posts, they will actually make one!!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2014 9:04 PM

pitchking1:
    In a DRIVING RANGE, there must be a possibility to test balls and clubs for free !! Without earning any credits or points.

Balls for free :)...Don't ask don't get I guess.

Free rental weekends come along from time to time, and that's as good as it is going to get it seems.  Basically though the L58 G25s are the first set you def should buy (opinion of many anyway).  See forums on stuff before that including particularly the L32 iron set perhaps.  Driver wise think L48 R1, and all comes quick enough with max CDP (a one hole completed round is enough). 

pitchking1:
    On a driving range, there should be options to change the wind variables (front, side, back incl strength), uphill/downhill, ....and create t the same time 'practice greens', pitching/chipping greens, bunkers, .... .

Look be a nice to have, but also hardly needed.  Map as above and see forums for wind calcs etc.  Also see GaryPinters Golf tips.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 4:09 PM

There are lots of players at the highest tier WGT has (so far) and lots more players with scoring averages well below par.

Which demonstrates that players are able to learn how to play this game really well without there being a driving range or a practice putting green.

Note that WGT has a Practice mode and in that mode you can play the same shot repeatedly with the Mulligan feature.

Still the same driving range/practice putting green suggestions have been made hundreds of times since WGT went online in 2008.

RSS