Forums

Help › Forums

nike balls/max meter irons

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 26 2014 4:19 AM (2 replies)
  • cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2014 9:57 PM

using L 47 max meter irons i got awful ydges w nike balls. when i got L 94 max meter irons, still awful ydges. i figgered w more precise clubs at L 94, the nike balls would do better, but no. i really don't have this problem so much with other balls, esp w these L 94 irons.  my nike balls are now in the pond at #10 tee congressional. what's w nike balls vs max meter irons? or is it vicey versy?

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 1:44 AM

Hi Cedriver, with all clubs and ball combinations, you really need to map the clubs with the balls.

Another point you need to be a ware of, is with the top level Nike balls, full backspin tends to lead to greater variation especially if you miss the ding.

But looking at your stats a 55% GIR suggests you will be better off mapping one ball, learning what  the effect of spin makes, and sticking with that ball.

In your case I do not think it is the ball, but the execution. I would be happy to have a hit with you, hopefully see what is going wrong.

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 4:19 AM

alanti:

Hi Cedriver, with all clubs and ball combinations, you really need to map the clubs with the balls.

Another point you need to be a ware of, is with the top level Nike balls, full backspin tends to lead to greater variation especially if you miss the ding.

But looking at your stats a 55% GIR suggests you will be better off mapping one ball, learning what  the effect of spin makes, and sticking with that ball.

In your case I do not think it is the ball, but the execution. I would be happy to have a hit with you, hopefully see what is going wrong.

thanks alanti. i've been applying full backspin to most of my green shots, so your comment is interesting. i did not know that. and probably never would have figured it out. thanks. i want the spin, and the L 33 Cally w 3.5 spin is working better yardage wise than the nikes 4.6 and 5.0 spin for the full bkspin that i've been applying. so i'll use your comments and work with the Cally and maybe progress to the nikes later. i'll have to think about the nikes and the dinging and the amt of bkspin. the unlimited ball has been my favorite ydge wise and ding wise, but not enuff spin. i may be contacting you. thanks

RSS