Forums

Help › Forums

No. of players?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:10 PM (1 replies)
  • stickshrapnel
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:19 PM

Is there any way that WGT can display somewhere - like on the main screen the number of players signed up to WGT, and possibly provide a # per country breakdown.  Also it would be nice if WGT could display tourney results against # of players in each tier.

Something like 25/457 in a tier &/or tournament.  It would be nice to know how one measures up, both in tournaments, and ones ranking amidst their respective tier.  I know currently the top 10 are shown.

This is my wish-list at the moment anyway.  Thanks, I'm loving WGT.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:10 PM

While on the surface this seems like a useful and informative request, it is in actuality pointless.

Unless and until WGT can get a handle on the HUGE number of cheaters on this site, the numbers will mean nothing.

The biggest problem is the vast number of multiple accounts.  Then the multiples with different country listings.... etc etc etc.

WGT may list over 2 million subscribers... (just a number I grabbed, I do not know the actual number)...  maybe 25% are actual unique account holders, 25% 'dead' accounts, and 50% multiples.

The really sad part is the multiples are trying to win all the hack and amatuer tourneys.  I say 'trying' because WGT does verify all scores, but I really don't expect them to catch all of the miscreants.

RSS