Forums

Help › Forums

Help Please

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 21 2014 9:42 AM (3 replies)
  • GHackland
    1,718 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 7:38 AM

My meter used to show gradations to mark tenths and quarters of the distance aimed, but the have now disappeared. I am new to all this and it is not helping me to aim my shots one little bit :(

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 11:29 AM

I assume you are talking of shot and putter pals. You can purchase these in the pro shop.

However I am guessing you were a member of a Country Club - depending on the level of the CC, they are free.

Join a CC but make sure you participate in the CC events.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 11:31 AM

• GHackland
    1,718 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 9:42 AM

TopShelf2010:

I believe you are referring to Shot and Putter Pals. They are 'rulers' that can be used to judge the power of your shots. They have 'hit' limits before they run out. Additional Pals can be purchased in the Pro Shop for a small fee.

If you join a Country Club that has advanced to Level 2, the Putter Pal is free and Unlimited. If the Country Club has advanced to Level 4, the Shot Pal is free and Unlimited.

Yes, it seems that Shot Pals were what I was referring to. As a total beginner, I can only surmise that they were a 'freebie' when I started playing. Now I have reached the heady heights of lvl 33, they have disappeared. O well, I will have to wait until a level 4 CC accepts me.

Thanks for your help.

RSS