Forums

Help › Forums

Golf Channel WGT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 18 2014 10:12 AM (25 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:45 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if you go to http://www.golfchannel.com/virtualgolf/  it brings your game client within their website.

Game runs absolutely perfect, not a stutter or meter glitch.

..... so far... mind you I'm just throwing a ball around with starter clubs... anyone use it for anything else?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 6:53 PM

I think you may be on to something here.

I just played 1st 5 holes of this weeks unlimited at St,G's. Not a single glitch or stutter, the meter was perfect, completely stable. In normal gameclient my meter has been horribly choppy all day.

Stuck it in my bookmarks, will try it properly tomorrow, does look promising though.

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:22 PM

hmmmm and all the meter issues are at our end ...anyone else hear jingle bells playing.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:41 PM

Yep..  I don't know if we should advertise it out in the open like this though.. These fools here will do something to mess it up. Thanks for the heads up for sure.

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:06 PM

Just tried it,very smooth  consistent  meter only problem I find is I use maxthon and in full screen mode there's no access to the task bar...I think WGT needs to take a close look at what servers are being used here and adapt so all players have  a nice smooth meter on their end no matter which internet connection is being used.....

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:51 PM

Ya, it's very obvious it's either completely off any WGT server/network or else it's on a 'special' server streaming the game to GC.

Either way, it pretty well puts to rest any and all argument with regards to the game and laying the blame on players. I've played on my stinky T61 and same thing, not a single hiccup.

Can't wait to read what the drones have to say about this..

Wonder what's gonna happen when 20K players suddenly start playing through GC?

LOL

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 11:11 PM

I don't know about 20K, but I've played my last 2 rounds there and I for one have no intention of ever playing anywhere else.. lol

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 12:13 AM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:26 AM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:14 AM

PaulTon:

I think you may be on to something here.

I just played 1st 5 holes of this weeks unlimited at St,G's. Not a single glitch or stutter, the meter was perfect, completely stable. In normal gameclient my meter has been horribly choppy all day.

Stuck it in my bookmarks, will try it properly tomorrow, does look promising though.

The meter is smoother because unless you maximized the window you are playing on a much smaller window than normal which uses much less resources. 

RSS