Help › Forums

Our first club over L100?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 19 2014 3:09 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 7:48 PM

Taylormade R15 driver.  Would be my hunch.

Offered in white L103 and Black L101?   ;-)

TaylorMade R15 Drivers

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 8:10 PM

You may well be correct.

Fundamentally though creating clubs available at 3,000,000 (ish) XPs IMO is nuts (already getting that way anyway), unless they think of ways to get the pro shop open for enthusiastic players a bit early (all as elsewhere discussed in new tier threads).  I think just relying solely on the levels is long since broken by the high 90s, and L100 is already responsible for some saying stuff that.

Anyway.Another possible contender for a new dvr ?

copy pasted from another thread:

Personally the introduction of something like  the 2015 Vapor Nike Flex (Tour type  one here I would think best assuming there is one, lol) would be doing it more for me.  Variable loft and spin might well fun enough to keep me amused anyway I would think.  

The option for varying forgiveness would also be appreciated by many although that would be possibly controversial out here in the wild west, maybe:)

Utilizing the FlexFlight system impacts launch angle, spin rate, forgiveness (increased in the “mid” setting) and workability (enhanced in the “low” setting).

May prefer mine in red and black but who really cares, lol.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 5:40 PM

Club idea:

Yards: 305

Trajectory: High

Precision =5

Forgiveness=5

Spin=1.5

Meter Speed=4.0

Cost: 4,995c

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:42 PM

Before we go all in,what about making things tiers based?

It is not really logic that the best , get to have better clubs ?

I just had a chat with a friend about wgt, and he said what I think !

that is not logical at all, the best keep getting better gear?

especially when it comes to gambling our money in rg's, funny that he was shocked and I come to accept this ! 

it is like playing poker with people with a 3 card better chance of getting a win! 

now what fool would enter that game ! 

Rant over for today, I have said more than enough.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 11:05 PM

siggipj76:
    Before we go all in,what about making things tiers based?

Won't happen as it stands

BUT IF they created that new tier (as elsewhere discussed at length) it would open things up fairly for some real players at least, but resources seem aimed elsewhere.  Pity.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 11:46 PM

Copied from the announcements:

Coming Soon (in the next 30-90 days

• New virtual goods from Nike, Adams, TaylorMade, Callaway and Cleveland

Maybe a 235 yard Tight Lies hybrid to fit between the Bertha 3 woods and the 220/225 yard 3 irons?  

I know it goes against the prevailing 4 wedge theology, but it makes just enough sense to at least consider how useful that particular club could be......

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:03 AM

New cleve wedges?  Used to say difficult to see how they could improve the HL ones, but maybe there is room to slow the meter these days.  Whatever they do hope it's more than just a new badge (with the price inc. lol)

Adams - owned by TaylorMade still? Guess lower level gear?

Most obvious gap between RL compared to this sim, in the higher levels, remains that variable attribute driver though IMO.  Also gives the most room to play with attribute wise without really making much difference to (legitimate) scores, just all more good fun potentially. 

Bit off the L100 subject :)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:32 AM

I figured that the next 100+ club would be a FW wood that doesn't land in the next zip code if you miss ding.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:35 AM

DarkenRahl:

Copied from the announcements:

Coming Soon (in the next 30-90 days

• New virtual goods from Nike, Adams, TaylorMade, Callaway and Cleveland

Maybe a 235 yard Tight Lies hybrid to fit between the Bertha 3 woods and the 220/225 yard 3 irons?  

I know it goes against the prevailing 4 wedge theology, but it makes just enough sense to at least consider how useful that particular club could be......

I think at L100+ it would be wedges...but with what DR posted, it seems the door is open. I, for one two would love to see one of those Louisville drivers like the one in DR's picture...or a Wood Brothers  ;-}

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 10:30 AM

hpurey:

Taylormade R15 driver.  Would be my hunch.

Offered in white L103 and Black L101?   ;-)

TaylorMade R15 Drivers

Or maybe the Aero Burner 

• PAGES
RSS