Forums

Help › Forums

Fault in WGT's accounting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:33 AM (22 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 9:26 AM

While we all know that this game has some flaws and glitches, there are two parts which I considered faultless until now:

Average calculation, and accounting.

Yesterday, I have been proven wrong by the second, ?more important? one.

My CC became 164th in the Clash, and I received the prize notification at 12:06 am PST.

My account statement contains

A nod to the first one, Speed Boosts as usual.

Surprise to the second one, the announcement said, two passes, but who am I to question a gift?

Bad surprise in the game client,

only 50 passes indicated.

So, for the first time to my knowledge, the account statement is wrong!

This bothers me, since it shows that the numbers are unrelated, independent.

Now this is only a prize, but what will happen if they execute WGTadmin's announcement and call back those 100(?) passes? Will I be in pass debt? Will the company charge me for the passes missing?

And, how reliable will accounting be from now on? Will credit deposits always be booked correctly? Will a sleeve of balls be accounted as one sleeve, or how many?

WGTadmin stated (see link above):

We realize there have been some growing pains with the Events but believe we are moving in the right direction [...]

I'm frightened how far they may go? Will our "growing pains" be "the right direction" for WGT?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 3:21 PM

Now all the passes are gone, but according to accounting, I still have 100. The company acts secretly. If negative situations are negated, please let me buy some clubs without bothering me with subtraction of the price.

It's becoming more disconcerting from day to day...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 3:49 PM

Oh boy, yer in big trouble now. LOL   ;-)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/278695.aspx?PageIndex=1

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 4:09 PM

What?

*scratches head*

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:09 PM

Bump to the attention of Icon and all other mods.

alosso:
    So, for the first time to my knowledge, the account statement is wrong!

This bothers me, since it shows that the numbers are unrelated, independent.

[...]

And, how reliable will accounting be from now on? Will credit deposits always be booked correctly? Will a sleeve of balls be accounted as one sleeve, or how many?

Any comments WGT?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 10:03 AM

hi

I am not sure what you mean? the 50 passes was a mistake and they were recalled? are you saying you got charged for them? or?

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 10:50 AM

Nothing of this. In the last clash, a random lottery was implemented. Then, the 50 passes were given and taken.

My point is:

The account statement was wrong, showing 100 passes where only 50 were given.

It's badly shaking my confidence in your accounting. Which incidental mis-accounting may follow?

Thus I asked:

how reliable will accounting be from now on? Will credit deposits always be booked correctly? Will a sleeve of balls be accounted as one sleeve, or how many?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 5:10 PM

alosso:

Nothing of this. In the last clash, a random lottery was implemented. Then, the 50 passes were given and taken.

My point is:

The account statement was wrong, showing 100 passes where only 50 were given.

It's badly shaking my confidence in your accounting. Which incidental mis-accounting may follow?

Thus I asked:

how reliable will accounting be from now on? Will credit deposits always be booked correctly? Will a sleeve of balls be accounted as one sleeve, or how many?

hi

i am not sure to be honest. I assume the issue happened when 50 pass was given out mistakenly. drop us an email at members@worldgolftour.com . perhaps they have more details

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 6:04 PM

50 were given but 100 were written down.

I wanna see your smile freeze when double wage is in the accounting but you get only half of this, and they announce to correct their error.

I don't expect useful answers from CS - experience has taught me - and to see the mods apparently know nothing (or at least tell nothing) of any superior grade - like the credits to Dollar Q. I appreciate that you try, but it must be an awful job, hopefully (oops!) well and fully payed.

From now on, ev1 should look at the account statements with suspicion. Of course, your company's T&Cs may be waved at their discretion, but they are binding when to our disadvantage - the company may take what it wants "rightfully":

WGT may regulate, modify and/or eliminate WGT Credits at any time at its discretion with no liability to you or to any third party from the exercise of such right.

Last experience was with the CC passes in the Clash. We were eligible to pay but not entitled to receive full points/service. Add the 50/100 passes desaster.

I am not amused!

Now drop the subject like the company did often enough. Rumour has it that the Mantra of December is "We did it right, we did it right..." Believers will believe this.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 8:01 AM

RSS