Forums

Help › Forums

"masters" playing in "tour pro" bracket tourneys

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:58 PM (6 replies)
  • Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 10:45 PM

I just finished playing in the finals of a "tour pro 100 c bracket tournament".  I'm sort of new and thought if it said "tour pro" that all of the competition would be "tour pros".. Nope! I got wiped by 13 strokes and clicked on the guys name.  Said he was a "Master".  He'd just barely beat another guy in his side who also was a "master".  From their average scores in the three previous rounds they were obviously much better than the rest of us.

Question...why do they allow this when money (yes, credits are money) is at stake.  I don't play in any of the "tierless" bracket tournaments because I like to feel that I have somewhat of a chance to win something.  The whole thing is a little fishy to me and I'd like to have a response from the people who run this show.not just some other player.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 9:54 AM

Hello Breeze49. I know this can be confusing, let me try and explain it the best way I can. Basically whatever tier you are when you enter a tournament, that is the tier you will compete in for the duration of said tournament.

If a Tour Pro enters a bracket tournament but advances to Master tier during the tournament they are still considered in the Tour Pro section. 

If a Master enters a tournament and advances to Tour Master once again they will still be considered in the Master tier section of the tournament.

Hopefully this answers your question.

-WGTyphoon

• Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 10:41 AM

Hello WGT.  Not confusing..I already considered that and I don't buy it.  What's the odds of 12.5% (at least) of the participants in a tournament getting a grade increase in the middle of a 5-6 day (at most) tournament?  Like I said, I think there should be some kind of "official" response from the people running the show.  It smells to "high heaven".

• thunder6255
    369 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 11:25 AM

Breeze49:

Hello WGT.  Not confusing..I already considered that and I don't buy it.  What's the odds of 12.5% (at least) of the participants in a tournament getting a grade increase in the middle of a 5-6 day (at most) tournament?  Like I said, I think there should be some kind of "official" response from the people running the show.  It smells to "high heaven".

Some people can go through the lower tiers in a matter of days, people move up tiers here on a daily basis. His answer is true and correct (read the terms & conds.).

Starter clubs require amazing skill level, hybrids are less useful than a third wegde.

His response was official.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 11:42 AM
    Only Tour Pros can enter a Tour Pro tournament. Try to enter one for Pros and see what happens.
  • Breeze49
    10 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 11:43 AM

WGT--is that true?  You are an official?   

I accept the answer but it's hard to believe someone has that level of skill without some kind of aid.  I did note that one of the dudes (the winner) only joined this month (Dec.2014).  Sort of unbelievable that someone human could improve that fast.  I accept the answer but I'm still skeptical.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:58 PM

Instead of crying about something that has been known for a LONG time about tier advancement in the middle of a tournament, I'd try and improve my game. A L82 TP is AWFUL. You should have progressed to at least the TM level.

And crying about cheating? PLEASE. The bad players here crying about the top players cheating is really getting old!

I'd stop worrying about what others are doing, and focus on improving your game

RSS