Forums

Help › Forums

Bracket Tournament Time Limit

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 18 2019 7:47 PM (4 replies)
  • Dogget
    20 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 2:05 PM

Where is the mention or notice of a time limit on a given round n a bracket tournament?  I was putting on for a birdie on 18 at Kiawah when I was disqualified for too much time!  I took a break for a drink or the BR, but stayed on the round, after finishing around at St. Andrews with indistinguishable conduct.  A day earlier I was dropped at Kiawah for the same reason.  But on that round I took a long break to attend to something else.  This round was no where near as long.  What is going on?  where was the notice of a time limit  And why is there not a 'prompt' that time is running out?  This does not seem fair.

• Dogget
    20 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:47 PM

I was just terminated on the 16th hole on Kiawah.  This is the FIFTH time.  The prompt said that time had expired... again.  It was the First Round of another Bracket Tournament and the brackets had NOT even been filled yet.  So, NO time limit had been established for the round, let alone the Tournament.  I was 5-under par through the first 6 holes!!!  This must be dealt with.  Please.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 2:27 PM

Please contact member services at the link below and provide a screenshot of the bracket tournament you are referring to if the tournament is still active. If the tournament is not active please include the bracket ID #.

Thank you for the assistance and we apologize for the inconvenience.

http://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

• Dogget
    20 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 6:07 PM

OK.  This is crazy now.  Just bumped AGAIN from Kiawah.  I thought I was wrong when I posted about the Fifth time, but this one I'm certain of.  The first round was not even filled yet, and, accordingly, NO deadline had yet been set.   At 8:54pm on 12/30/2014, I was bumped.  I did not note the Tournament number because I was CERTAIN it couldn't happen again.  Now, I can't even find the tournament shown on my list.  You MUST be able to identify the Bracket Tournament of which I speak.  The first round was not filled and I would have to have started around 8:30.  That's 6 times!!!   Something is up.  Please help.  (Again, 4 under as I was teeing off on 17... wasted!)

• Ray7042
    120 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 7:47 PM

Been playing this game off and on for several years. Just recently started playing tournament bracket games to try to see if I can upgrade my play in competition with other players. Wish me luck on that. Anyway, I have also been experiencing the same type of timing issues you reported in 2014... I enter a tournament and play the first round and qualify for the second round. Should have 24 hours to come back and play that round but have found several times that when I return to play or check standings later in the same day I have less than 10 minutes to finish the round. Guess WGT is still working on resolving that issue. Nice to know they take this problem seriously. My advice. Never spend any money on anything from WGT. Use the free credits and play the game like it is-A FREE GAME. 

RSS