Forums

Help › Forums

Email Address Used Setting Up Account

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:59 AM (5 replies)
  • tempaltaccount
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:34 PM

has anyone set up their WGT account using a fictional email? never thought you would play this game more than a few minutes and wanted to avoid more spam mails?

well I hope you do not have any troubles with your account because WGT support will flat out refuse to communicate with you from any other email address.  your registered email address cannot be changed either.  

so whats the solution? start over and set up your email address properly to begin with?  well no, because now you have breached their terms and conditions and have multiple WGT accounts.  So what do you do? contact WGT and ask for advice?  good luck getting a response from them.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:44 PM

This is done for players security.  It is your option to set up using a fake email address, but this is the risk you run when you have a problem.  Not much can be done for you.

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 2:08 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Not much can be done for you.

Then again, if the company knows no solution, players have to take their fate in their own hands.

In the Account area, the email address may be easily changed. Did it quite a few times, and today.

Of course, you're lost if you can't access your account. Wowereit!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 9:42 PM
    If you stop getting site e-mails the only way to get them back is to change your address. I know a lot of people don't want the messages but they are essential if you run a busy club.
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 2:37 AM

tempaltaccount:
    start over and set up your email address properly to begin with?  well no, because now you have breached their terms and conditions and have multiple WGT accounts.

Seems that's exactly what you did.

I have 2 email addresses. One I use for important things (like this site) and the other for junk (which I open and empty once week). 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:59 AM

In your account settings, you can uncheck receiving Emails and Promotions. 

Account\Contact Info and uncheck what you don`t want

RSS