Forums

Help › Forums

Google Play Android Beta Test

Mon, Feb 2 2015 8:57 AM (35 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 4:25 PM

We are now accepting a select few folks into our beta test. (finally, right!)

If you would like to be included please go here 

and give us your real name, player name, email address and mark the subject line "Google Play Beta"

In the description please give us the following information

1) Your Gmail : We must have a gmail email address for you to run the beta

2) Device Model : example  "Nexus 5"

3) Android version  (http://www.wikihow.com/Check-What-Android-Version-You-Have)

or go here on your android device  

In a few days you will get an invite to a google group for the beta test. You will need to join and then look for the link to download the beta app from the Google Play store.

Thanks for your help 

WGT

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 4:42 PM

All over that.  :-)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 8:13 PM

I got a hp touch pad dual booted with android and web os will this work ?????

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:08 AM

Cool, will give it a try.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 2:35 AM

spdemon:

I got a hp touch pad dual booted with android and web os will this work ?????

Spd, click on the What's my android version link that wgtadmin mentions - if it shows a version then you should be ok (as long as it isn't a really early version of android lol).

I've signed up for it, but have a few questions for wgtadmin -

1)has wgt been optimised for a specific android version? Are you looking at a few different versions for the beta test?

2) How much reporting will the testers have to do?

3) If testers have to hit specific shots repeatedly or play according to testing requirements, will we be compensated for ball usage?

Cheers.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 3:12 AM

You lost me @ nexus Ad :)

If I could, I would......

Not a technophobe 

Pero, only got this laptop thingy 2..8 yrs ago !! :))

ole skool or maybe just clueless ?

@ Bery111,

If you want to participate then .....

never mind the ball usage ?

Do or don't ?

Andy

Sure WGT send ya a couple of sleeves, for the effort ?

And to answer Q # 2....

Think WGT will want to know about every foible / nuance you encountered ?

Otherwise...what is the point of a TEST ?

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 4:32 AM

alcaucin:

@ Bery111,

If you want to participate then .....

never mind the ball usage ?

Do or don't ?

Andy

Sure WGT send ya a couple of sleeves, for the effort ?

And to answer Q # 2....

Think WGT will want to know about every foible / nuance you encountered ?

Otherwise...what is the point of a TEST ?

Any tablet that doesn't have Apple or Microsoft written on it should be fine. :D

Nice to get something back for the testing, even a couple of sleeves as you say. lol :) I'm thinking they may just let us play and report any problems we encounter as they happen. I've done beta testing before, I suppose it's up to WGT to decide what they want from the testers.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 5:01 AM

bery111:
    Any tablet that doesn't have Apple or Microsoft written on it should be fine. :D

Lost me @ tablet again : D...............tho

Knecked a few tabs during the journey   .... :)

Andy ( ex Diazapam user, + some )

^^ and occasionally delve in from time to time 

^^^^^^  Must be able to tell from my posts ?   LOL

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 7:38 AM

lmao. here's a few links to help you, at least a couple are red herrings lol:

Tablet 1

Tablet 2

Tablet 3

Tablet 4

Tablet 5

I hope that's covered all bases....er or even tablets. I'll go get my coat. ;)

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:23 AM

Bery111 - thank you for excellent questions and your participation.

First of all, as a participant in the forums myself, I am happy to see WGT take our feedback and implement a beta program, which we have asked for many times.  Giving us an active hand in the development of WGT is key to our success together. This a really good first step.

To answer your questions:

1)has wgt been optimised for a specific android version? Are you looking at a few different versions for the beta test?

WGT- Since there are a lot of android (google play) devices we do not have the ability to test them all in house.  We are looking for a diverse array of android devices to see what works and what does not.  In house we have optimized for Android version 4.2 Jelly bean (API level 17) or newer released around Oct 29, 2012 and a minimum of 1 MB of RAM.  Also since there are a lot of different screen resolutions we are not sure how the game looks on all the different devices.  This is where we need your help to test and see what the experience is like on all your devices.

2) How much reporting will the testers have to do?

WGT- you will not have to report anything, but your help is much appreciated.  If you see anything wrong we will ask that you take a screen shot and describe the issue and post the info in the google group we set up for the Beta.  Signing up now will also enable you to get a sneak preview of future release, prior to the general public. 

3) If testers have to hit specific shots repeatedly or play according to testing requirements, will we be compensated for ball usage?

WGT- You will not be required to hit specific shots. If all goes well you should be able to play like normal with your existing accounts. There should be no change in the functionality of the game from the iOS game that has been live and running for over a year.  We just want to make sure that the differences in Android are addressed.  

RSS