Forums

Help › Forums

How the hell do you chip ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:31 PM (31 replies)
  • sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 10:49 AM

I was pointing out to the OP that he would be better equipped if he stopped buying cc passes for a couple of days.  Nothing to do with the clash.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:01 AM

Excuse me, my tongue was firmly placed in my cheek,

and I was deeply impressed by your spontanous Xmas gift - it's a true start to a better game for him!

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:36 AM

SweetiePie:

courteneyfish:
    For me 30 yards away would be a percentage full shot every time. You just need to know your wedges.

This is a fact. With any 50 yard lob wedge & any ball, it remains a fact.  

Not really.  30 yards depending on lie is almost perfect for a flop with the 60 degree Cleveland.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:58 AM

borntobesting:

SweetiePie:

courteneyfish:
    For me 30 yards away would be a percentage full shot every time. You just need to know your wedges.

This is a fact. With any 50 yard lob wedge & any ball, it remains a fact.  

Not really.  30 yards depending on lie is almost perfect for a flop with the 60 degree Cleveland.

Yes really Joe. It wasn't for you, you've been at it for over 5 years and I would assume you have many options in your vault. The OP has been here for 3 months and said nothing about the lie. Still a basic fact.  ~ SP ~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:05 PM

sarak362336:
    Seeing as it's xmas I'm sending the OP the level 39

Classy move, Sara.  ;-)

• Sundog2008
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:08 PM

courteneyfish:

Yeah, Flopping, that's the ticket!  Just tried it out, it was brilliant!

• IrmaLamy
    2,981 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 2:14 AM

Nice gift Sara & i hope he will make good use of it...

BTW, in 1 month he purchased 150 CC passes = 5550 cr.  WOW !

I even can't reach that in a year here....

But you see what a generouse bunch of players are around here on WGT.

Cheers

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 6:23 AM

They should remove chip from the caddie shot selection.  There are far too many who don't know how to use it.

I played a guy who rolled off the green on the par 5 at RSG, and kept chipping uphill.  It took him four times until he hit it hard enough to clear the hill and just go 12 yards past pin.

He was a master tier too.  I couldn't imagine the amateur and pro tiers trying to fumble around that shot.  Just flop - less room for error.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:56 AM

MichaelStroke:
    They should remove chip from the caddie shot selection.  There are far too many who don't know how to use it.

This, and even more beginners (incl Masters LOL) being fooled into chipping because the auto-caddie proposes it where it's impossible - e.g. 10 yds out in the rough.

IMHO, the default should always be "full shot" - more correct proposals, I'm sure.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 12:11 PM

alosso:

MichaelStroke:

This, and even more beginners (incl Masters LOL) being fooled into chipping because the auto-caddie proposes it where it's impossible - e.g. 10 yds out in the rough.

IMHO, the default should always be "full shot" - more correct proposals, I'm sure.

I must believe it would be much more helpful to anyone at the fresh segment of the journey. Without question, the chip-pitch-punch-flop-full applications are all useful, and at times, perhaps only two or even one of them is the best salve. But the learning of the how -how much - why/why not - aim - up/down spin volume - etc...oh brother, it takes time, and the journey must begin at FULL

Your Least Humble & Never 0bedient Servant,

~ SP ~

RSS