Forums

Help › Forums

~ Beards ~

Sat, Mar 12 2016 4:05 PM (81 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 5:26 AM

oi vey...what's a yob?

I need to bone up on my international slang. Sux there is no book available on it.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 5:47 AM

ct690911:
    oi vey...what's a yob?

A guy you wouldn't  want to have a meal with.......

Though punching his lights out  will feel fine//...

EDIT  book here...........

An elbow works ok into the Adams' Apple....

Gasping their last.........

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 7:47 AM

Beards are often full of old sweaty skin so come in really handy if you've forgot to put salt on your chips. Just scratch beard over plate and it's sorted.

Go on girls. Next time you on the tequila slammers just ditch the salt and lick the bearded fellas face at the bar first.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 10:53 AM

bubbsboy:
    Beards are often full of old sweaty skin so come in really handy if you've forgot to put salt on your chips. Just scratch beard over plate and it's sorted.

^^^ That;s just fookin gross tbh !!!  ';-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 11:21 AM

alcaucin:

bubbsboy:

^^^ That;s just fookin gross tbh !!!  ';-)

As a matter of fact, gross is a perfect fit. Most all things unkempt  likewise fit. Beyond fashion that isn't, the beard serves no legit purpose. Any beard extremely well manicured and maintained raises the simple question Why ? Any answer would be remarkable insight into a haywire persona. The unkempt  beard provides an insight into. what ?

~ SP ~

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 6:30 PM

Lily, the same can be asked as to why women wear make-up?...Often, men have beards to obscure acne or scars...sometimes they simply look more distinguished (or think they do), or it's a religious tradition, or sometimes it's just what's fashionable at the moment. Remember, back in the day, men of the elite class even wore those large white wigs?...other "fashion" trends include men wearing pony tails, rat tails, an earing, tattoos, goth make-up..jeans with a sport coat...no real function to any of it.

That said, we both know "juicy whooplers" will never be in fashion..:)

ct

EDIT: Just came across this article..strange timing:

1. Beards protect against bacteria and infections;

2. They protect from the sun's harmful UV rays;

3. Australian study showed that men with a heavy beard were deemed most attractive by women; those with a full beard scored highest in perceived parenting skills among women;  and

4. Hans Langseth passed away in 1927, but his impressive beard length of 17 feet, 6 inches ensures that his name lives on in Guinness World Records. His impressive accomplishment is currently on display at the Smithsonian.

5. Even Jesus had a beard.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 8:37 PM

In my case it was rebellion.  After my time in the military was over I felt compelled to sport a beard and mustache.  Sport being the operative word.  Never had anyone except possible employers ever make a negative comment concerning cleanliness or how it was trimmed.

You ask why? if facial hair is kept neat and clean is it worth the trouble?  Oh! yes! many times I have "adjusted" my appearance to keep pace with the popular images looked upon by the women  of the period as being "sexy" (I needed all the help I could get).

There is a serious case for facial hair during the cold seasons experienced by those of us who toil or play in severe cold weather.

I don't really think there is a good argument either for or against if its neat and clean.  It is what the person prefers to do.  my nickle.

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 12:50 PM

bubbsboy:

Any fool can be dirty.   Beards are no different than hair on your head.  If you take care of your hair you also take care of your beard.  No old sweaty skin here.  In fact my skin is baby soft under my beard because I'm not scraping the hell out of my face every day and causing areas for bacteria to grow.

Men are supposed to have beards,  that's why we have whiskers,  duh.   Put two men in dresses and look at them from 100 yards,   you will know the one with a beard is a man. The other could be a woman.  (or transgender,  sry couldn't help it).

To each his own though,  some men think they're great,  others like to torture their face.

Do you know how many sleeves of balls I can buy simply by not buying razor blades.  lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 1:47 PM

I am pretty confident that anyone reading this thread is aware that it is totally for jest and nothing more...at least that is it's intention. I would never defame anyone for something so trivial and personal. If a certain embellishment is used for the sake of fashion of the times or to enhance for cover a self perceived blemish or imperfection by nature or accident and the appliance or free use application has the ability to increase self-confidence or an improved view or feeling about the effect of the object in the person's mind it can't be viewed as anything other than positive. It is about how the wearer feels about it. It could never be any of my business. Or simply, if they are happy, I am happy. My fellow man is too important and time is woefully short for me to feel otherwise. But, I am entitled to my likes or dislikes. I have plenty.

~ Lily ~

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 2:31 PM

"I am pretty confident that anyone reading this thread is aware that it is totally for jest and nothing more...at least that is it's intention."

Yup, most people will get it...some won't and never will. I've been there many times. I just had to accept that haters are gonna hate.

Lily, for what it's worth, I am extremely proud of how well you are keeping your sense of humor. Many would be wallowing in self pity, but you remain stoic, brave and upbeat. Your light has never shone brighter, nor has your dignity been more fully on display..:)

ct

RSS