Help › Forums

~ Beards ~

Sat, Mar 12 2016 4:05 PM (81 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:24 PM

rollone:

also first president of the NRA

That tid-bit makes me gleeful. As it is said," you learn something new everyday" and here is my evidence. I did not know. Now I do. And I will never forget it. It is like hitting the jack-pot for us strange folk. ;-}

~ Lily ~

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:57 PM

Solarflares:

hpurey:

Funny to see this thread pop up when it did.   I was just thinking about taking the beard off for a little while.  

LOL

Captain Yellowbeard?

Don't know how I overlooked this.   Know what I'm doing for Halloween this year.  LOL
  • rollone
    769 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:00 PM

SweetiePie:

rollone:

also first president of the NRA

That tid-bit makes me gleeful. As it is said," you learn something new everyday" and here is my evidence. I did not know. Now I do. And I will never forget it. It is like hitting the jack-pot for us strange folk. ;-}

~ Lily ~

well ive learned alot from your posts, much appreciated.

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 3:49 PM

Was Charlton Heston ever an official with the NRA, or just a high profile spokesman?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 6:41 PM

ct690911:

Was Charlton Heston ever an official with the NRA, or just a high profile spokesman?

He was an active member and representative, as for being an officer is an unknown to me.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 12:56 AM

What a bizarre thread...............but I read it from page 1 to the end......*shakes (un-bearded) head*

Not my thing, and they do nothing for me either lol.

Never had one and in-fact they are frowned upon by most airlines, certainly Asian airlines. Probably not so good for an O2 mask either.

Unfair stereotyping but never underestimate its influence on decision-makers.

Not shaving facial hair = arty, dirty, rebel, Taleban or other trouble.
    Moustache= gay, poser, 
    Shaved head hair= possible yob.
    With baseball cap= probable yob.
    With shaved head and reversed baseball cap= definite yob.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 4:58 AM

SweetiePie:

ct690911:

He was an active member and representative, as for being an officer is an unknown to me.

Google search C/P

Notable past presidents include Hollywood actor Charlton Heston, who was the NRA's president from 1997 to 2003.

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 9:02 AM

"Notable past presidents include Hollywood actor Charlton Heston, who was the NRA's president from 1997 to 2003."

Ironic that his most famous roles were in Biblical epics, playing Moses (in the Ten Commandments) and Ben Hur...he also did a couple of films with monkeys...insert joke here.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 8:31 PM

SweetiePie:
    awful. It makes cute guys ugly and ugly guys, real ugly. What are you thinking ? LOSE THE BEARD

Gave the 'look' a go for MoVember....a couple of years ago..

Too itchy tbh 

Then started fookin around with a razor !! ;-))

Like the 'clean' look / feel myself..............

And love this little guy to 'bits'  ;-))

Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2016 8:45 PM

alanti:
    Shaved head hair= possible yob.
    With baseball cap= probable yob.
    With shaved head and reversed baseball cap= definite yob.

LMFAO..

Sure there is a Chad in there somewhere !!

RSS